+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brad Walker

I don't think Walker has been given a chance here and it seems that DA is not going to give him that opportunity. I noted someone on here saying he does not have pace, but I cant think of anyone in our club who has that, so it doesn't come down to pace, its obvious his face doesn't fit. I think he could play midfield in L2, its a shame he made the choice to come here there were plenty of clubs who were interested in him he just chose the wrong one. Hopefully he can get plenty of game time at Wrexham show what he can do and then find another club, he is wasting his time and talent at Crewe with Artell. Last season he got stuck at Centre half I always thought he was better suited to midfield and when the odd occasion he did play there he gave the midfield some physical presence and I thought he did ok but he was never given a run of games by Artell. I wish him luck and hope he can turn his fortunes around and eventually find a club who will give him the opportunity to develop, Artell does not seem to be interested, but Walker is young and he will improve, given the opportunity to play some games.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Wreckscum's site says about the lineups "A number of changes, but no Brad Walker as his International Clearance has been held up on the last day rush to get players through on loan."
    Thanks for that ShropshireAlex

Artell, or his scouts, must have seen something they liked about Walker or he wouldn’t have signed him in the first place. However, as we know with our own young players, sometimes things don’t work out as hoped or planned for. A few years ago most of us that saw his first few games thought that James Baillie looked a cracking prospect at right back but, for some reason or other, it didn’t happen for him. Dan Udoh was also signed and got few chances for the first team - let go in the summer and now can’t stop scoring for Telford; it may be two divisions below but perhaps he’s found his level... or his confidence and will play at a higher level in a year or two.

Clearly the manager thinks Walker is below Wintle and Jones (and Ng and others?) in the pecking order for a CM berth, but that doesn’t mean he’s given up on him necessarily. I reckon Walker will be better off playing week in, week out in the Conference than trotting out for the Under 23s on a Tuesday and warming the bench on Saturdays. Either way it should tell Artell if he has what it takes to warrant a new contract next summer - after all, Green will almost be drawing his pension then and if things go well Jonah may have been lured elsewhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12