+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOF Paul Hart?

DOF Paul Hart?

Any thoughts? I'd have a cheeky few bob on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Why? To remind us we could have done a lot worse than HK as manager?

Wait and see. Wonder what the odds are though?

Wait and see. Wonder what the odds are though?
    Well you've scared me, so quite good, I would think. Last seen as Luton assistant manager. 29% win rate doesn't seem much of a mentor, but he could oversee the academy. That's what he usually does.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 31-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.

and people saying HK is an underwhelming appointment!

Hart then moved into youth coaching firstly at Nottingham Forest, and then subsequently took charge of Leeds United's fledgling academy. Hart's proteges won the FA Youth Cup in 1993 and 1997 and formed the backbone of the Leeds side that reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2000–01. With International players such as Harry Kewell, Jonathan Woodgate, Ian Harte, Alan Smith, Gary Kelly, Paul Robinson, Matt Jones and Stephen McPhail.

Oh dear, it all makes sense now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hart

Talking of which: In February 2018, (Paul) Robinson announced that he would retire at the end of the 2017–18 season. He made a brief appearance in Birmingham's last game of the season, as a 91st-minute substitute in their 3–1 victory over Fulham. Free agent? Played in the Championship last year? Still only 39.

Erm, wrong Paul Robinson .. the other one (almost the same age) retired from Burnley in 2017.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 31-08-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Not sure why thats an "Oh dear", pretty sure he's always been highly rated until someone has the daft idea of making him a manager. Although if his claims to fame were breaking through almost 20 years ago...

I wish we had Barry Fry. He's been brilliant at Posh.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Not sure why thats an "Oh dear", pretty sure he's always been highly rated until someone has the daft idea of making him a manager. Although if his claims to fame were breaking through almost 20 years ago...
    They had that daft idea before his stint at Leeds. He took over Chesterfield in 1988 and got them relegated. You can't deny the achievements at Leeds and if HK looks up to him, then fair enough. He comes across as a bit boring though, he wasn't a popular choice as caretaker manager here last time round.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast