+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray McKinnon

Ray McKinnon

Apparently is about to punt Morton to replace the Greasy One at Falkirk. Personally think this is absolutely radio rental and secondly I don't think the Morton board and fans will be exactly over the moon with this development................

Impossible to know the background, but...

Totally classless move by Ray.

Morton and Falkirk are equivalent Clubs in terms of size and support. I'm sure their budgets are comparable as well. Morton could just as easily win promotion as Falkirk.

I hope they finish above Falkirk now.

Not a good look from Ray or Falkirk that one. I didnae see it coming either.

Ray would be better placed to stay where he is unless there is a rift somewhere at Morton. Thought Duffy would be more for the Falkirk job that Ray?

Doesn’t Ray still live up this kneck of the woods? if so, I could certainly understand why he would prefer being at Falkirk than travelling to phukkin Greenock every day

He’s on a rolling 1 year contract - Falkirk might be offering him more security.

After the way they sacked Jim Duffy (even though he is a bell end) the Morton board have no right to feel hard done by!

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    Impossible to know the background, but...

Totally classless move by Ray.

Morton and Falkirk are equivalent Clubs in terms of size and support. I'm sure their budgets are comparable as well. Morton could just as easily win promotion as Falkirk.

I hope they finish above Falkirk now.

While not having read anything about this yet, Falkirk are a much bigger club than Morton when it comes to support and on field performance etc, especially this century

Why he'd move right be though, no idea, so early in his reign, Falkirk is closer to home by an hour or so....?

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    While not having read anything about this yet, Falkirk are a much bigger club than Morton when it comes to support and on field performance etc, especially this century

Why he'd move right be though, no idea, so early in his reign, Falkirk is closer to home by an hour or so....?
    Fair point insofar as Falkirk home attendances sit around 4K. My memories of midweek league cup matches versus Morton with Malpas winners had their away crowd around 2.5-3K.

Their fans come out, Falkirk seem to get regulars.

In any case, the clubs are if a comparable level and other than travel or a fallout I can see no good reason for swapping.

I know several Ton fans and they know their club has potential. I know Falkirk binned their youth setup last season, so maybe there is a budget to spend in the NEXT window...

Ah well.

Falkirk bigger club and Morton is further away but seems massive gamble when his reputation is not yet fully established.

It’s all or bust if he moves to Falkirk in these kind of circumstances

Whats this got to do with us? He took us to top the league then everyone turned on him. (Sacked)Whatever he does now fair play and good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)