+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keston Davis from Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    This kid got subbed at half time by his team who let in 8 against Luton... I think he's more Virtue than Yates
    Possibly, but as weird as it sounds I'd rather see him play before passing judgement.

[QUOTE=Chicken Balti Pie;39001168]It screams of a panic buy. Hardy said we had two signings to announce today, yet he can't play tomorrow because he signed too late?[/QUOTE

Patience is required, it will happen sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Possibly, but as weird as it sounds I'd rather see him play before passing judgement.
    Come on Elite - you know we don't do that on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    People should begin to realise that a move to us is not that appealing to either managers or players, football is not like a normal job, if you or I were out of work we would probably be desperate to find employment so we could pay the mortgage but the last thing that a manager or player wants on their CV is a relegation so they can & will wait for the right offer. Unless you have stupid money to throw around signing experienced player & managers is easier said than done when you sit bottom of the pile.
    If that is the case about managers/players not wanting to come to a relegation outfit like ours, why has Harry K decided to jump ship?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The loan deadline might be passed but the signing of unattached players continues, I believe. I wonder if the use of "today" in Charlie's
    message is deliberate?

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    If that is the case about managers/players not wanting to come to a relegation outfit like ours, why has Harry K decided to jump ship?
    I don't know mate, what I do know is that Harry K is very much a novice who seems to be doing a fair job on a shoestring budget so has little to lose, it may be that he doesn't like his boss? or his family cannot settle in the area? or we have offered him more money? a much more interesting question to me is why we cannot sign the calibre of manager that we allegedly are interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I don't know mate, what I do know is that Harry K is very much a novice who seems to be doing a fair job on a shoestring budget so has little to lose, it may be that he doesn't like his boss? or his family cannot settle in the area? or we have offered him more money? a much more interesting question to me is why we cannot sign the calibre of manager that we allegedly are interested in?

I think we can/could have. I just don't think AH is interested in that sort of manager who's, shall we say "been around the block". He seems to be looking for the next young untested manager who he is hoping will be the next big thing, (especially if they have a Liverpool connection, it seems). It's not a case of who you can get with AH, it's more a case of who AH, wants.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    The loan deadline might be passed but the signing of unattached players continues, I believe. I wonder if the use of "today" in Charlie's
    message is deliberate?
    I spotted the 'today' tag and wondered whether we had more deals for free agents in the offing. I really hope so because we sure do need them...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    I spotted the 'today' tag and wondered whether we had more deals for free agents in the offing. I really hope so because we sure do need them...
    I wondered if some deals had been set up by Nolo, but now Kooley praps wants a look-see at the squad before he commits, No?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123