+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Holmes and Leonard etc for months..

After Holmes and Leonard etc for months..

Makes you think why was we obsessed with Leonard and Holmes etc when theyve hardly played and left the club in 8 months. Pointless

Can't understand why so many managers get fixated on one or two players and go after them come hell or high water. As we've seen in this case neither worked out.

You even come across some really strange managers who limit their horizons by re-signing players who previously played for them elsewhere. At least CW doesn't do that.

Much as I was criticised last season by saying I could not understand the reason for re-signing Ched - I still can't see the point.

However, I would hope no one will say that if we hadn't taken him we would have had enough money to sign Waghorn from Rangers for the same amount instead of him quadrupling by a factor of 2 or so whilst languishing in Ipswich. Not that there's much else you can do in Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Makes you think why was we obsessed with Leonard and Holmes etc when theyve hardly played and left the club in 8 months. Pointless
    Lenny, Holmes and Evans all arrived in Jan

All gone

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Lenny, Holmes and Evans all arrived in Jan

All gone
    Where is the confirmation that Leonard has actually gone? I can’t find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitachell View Post
    Leonard and Evans gone and we've made big profits.Have a look on the O S Beni. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Benitachell View Post
    https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/20...onard-signing/

If they have gone to be sold in January well lets hope we get some(at least what we paid) back

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Leonard and Evans gone and we've made big profits.Have a look on the O S Beni. UTCB
    Big profits, great! I can't wait to see the league table that's based on how much profit teams have made. That's far more important than the actual table, eh?

Marvin Johnson. Maybe the Leonard deal was to pay for him?

been a good day imo 2 good signings who will both score goals in our set up too much negativity im afraid with lots of blades fans trust in tufty !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast