+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling All ITK Fans: Can We Still Sign Unattached Players ?

Calling All ITK Fans: Can We Still Sign Unattached Players ?

Bit of a damp squib the last day of the loan window. I was hoping for at least one big cenral defender, a beast for the midfield and a competent goalkeeper.

What with the rule changes and new timings, can we sign unattached players, (free agents), now that the window has closed?
    Last edited by pravda_plc; 31-08-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Dunno mate - i'm not " IN THE KNOW"

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    Dunno mate - i'm not " IN THE KNOW"

Then why answer?

The official rules seem to suggest so, with the EFL stating that a player can be signed outside of a transfer window if they are an "out of registration player".

That means clubs will now be able to snap up any players that are still without a club - so the likes of Peter Whittingham, who left Blackburn Rovers on deadline day, are still able to join new clubs before January.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...s-sign-1958427

Rules for League 1 and 2 will be the same, although the Noble thing is interesting, his situation might have been different because he left FGR while the window was shut?
    Last edited by Freeman25; 31-08-2018 at 06:01 PM.

Hit the wrong emoji Laxton.

I'd also like to know the answer. Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    The official rules seem to suggest so, with the EFL stating that a player can be signed outside of a transfer window if they are an "out of registration player".

That means clubs will now be able to snap up any players that are still without a club - so the likes of Peter Whittingham, who left Blackburn Rovers on deadline day, are still able to join new clubs before January.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...s-sign-1958427

Rules for League 1 and 2 will be the same, although the Noble thing is interesting, his situation might have been different because he left FGR while the window was shut?
    Still really confused about this.

There must be something in what you say because the rumours about Karl Henry and Anton Ferdinand came from good sources and both of these players are free agents.

As you say though Noble was registered with FGR and signed for us after the window closed and therefore couldn't play until the window opened again. Hopefully the club will clarify this soon...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Still really confused about this.

There must be something in what you say because the rumours about Karl Henry and Anton Ferdinand came from good sources and both of these players are free agents.

As you say though Noble was registered with FGR and signed for us after the window closed and therefore couldn't play until the window opened again. Hopefully the club will clarify this soon...
    Henry would be clear cut, he can sign and play (apart from tomorrow if he would sign today because he's missed the 12pm day before thing) Ferdinand is a different question. He's out of registration but the date that happens I don't know which deadline it realtors to, whether it's the permanent or loan deadline.

Question though, any decent keepers available on a free?

No idea messenn???

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  15.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Henry would be clear cut, he can sign and play (apart from tomorrow if he would sign today because he's missed the 12pm day before thing) Ferdinand is a different question. He's out of registration but the date that happens I don't know which deadline it realtors to, whether it's the permanent or loan deadline.

Question though, any decent keepers available on a free?
    Anton Ferdinand became a free agent this afternoon before the loan window closed, so I suppose theoretically we could sign him in time for our next league game.

Both of these would do nicely and i'm sure that there will be free agent keepers - I mean pretty much any keeper is going to inspire more confidence than 'The Count' - love that by the way...

Henry is a free agent. Whether Ferdinand is a free agent is open to question, as he left Southend after the transfer window ended. The rule bandied about on the Internet makes no reference to the loan window. There may be special rules for this year as the window closed early, who knows? Someone ITK, but not some random Tweeter on AH's Twitter.

I think we need a link to an EFL official source. But it's only really relevant to Anton Ferdinand and would we have signed the kid from Swansea if that was still an option?
    Last edited by Bohinen; 31-08-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast