+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Yorkshire Cricket

O/T Yorkshire Cricket

An absolute embarrassment. Heading for successive innings defeats. Worst Yorkshire side I have ever seen, even allowing for international duty. Just what is going on at Headingly?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    An absolute embarrassment. Heading for successive innings defeats. Worst Yorkshire side I have ever seen, even allowing for international duty. Just what is going on at Headingly?
    Headingley is the clue. It’s not Yorkshire anymore, it’s Leeds centred and the outlying areas have no interest anymore.

They are even wanting to abandon Scarborough now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    That sums up my feelings perfectly.

I heard a few are leaving at the end of the season as well.

In an article by Gillespie about Rashid giving up red ball cricket (at the time he was brought back into the Test squad), he hinted there were deeper problems at Yorks and supporters should ask the real reason why Rashid packed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I heard a few are leaving at the end of the season as well.

In an article by Gillespie about Rashid giving up red ball cricket (at the time he was brought back into the Test squad), he hinted there were deeper problems at Yorks and supporters should ask the real reason why Rashid packed up.
    Haven't seen that WanChai but a clear out is needed. Relegation beckons. If you take away Williamson's contributions against Worcestershire the batting display was truly pathetic. Heads really have to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Haven't seen that WanChai but a clear out is needed. Relegation beckons. If you take away Williamson's contributions against Worcestershire the batting display was truly pathetic. Heads really have to roll.
    Heard rumours Lees plunkett brooks & rashid looking to leave.

Reported on White Rose Forum (good Yorkshire cricket site) that Brooks has signed a new contract with Somerset. He's 34 years old and would have needed replacing soon anyway.

Its the change of mood at the club Mike. 4 / 5 years ago everyone wanted to play for Yorks.

Also Alex Lees has joined Durham. Something not right behind the scenes since Gillespie departed, although injuries and international call-ups have depleted the squad too. Even then, we should be doing better with the players that we've still got.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 01-09-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Some of the current players should take note of the history and what's expected at this county when they step on to the field representing the Yorkshire nation .

Embarrassing inept and pathetic , heads should roll .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast