+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Plastic Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

Any action man doll who is a football fan, is a plastic.
    Any Cindy or Barbie doll who likes football can also be known as a plastic.

Plastic can be fantastic and stretch like elastic when heated up.
    Don´t forget Stretch Armstrong.

This is worth a look at for historical attendances.

https://www.nufc.com/html/where-general.html

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    funny how we went from 18 k to sell out in a few weeks
    Howay Pboro that’s completely wrong. I remember standing in the corner (right side of the metal fences they put half way down the middle). Stood with lads from Newbiggin Hall and Low Fell. We played Charlton (3-4 Watson og right at the end after leading 3-1 HT) 15663 gate (prior to that Bristol R 19329) before Keegans first game v Bristol C which was 29263 and it dropped away to about 23500 average for the other 7 home games incl Mackems 30k. That’s from NUFC ultimate record. I can give exact attendances for Tranmere, Brighton at home etc if it helps.

We were all feckn furious at all the newbies taking our space on the terrace and having to queue for 90 mins rather than 2/3 mins to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Course we can call them plastic. If you read through its not about clubs being rich it's about the club's who lack history but have just had money thrown at them. You say we have decent football you are certainly not watching the same games as me. You also say we have decent spends, in this day and age we really have the opposite for a club our size. And who's saying we want the sort of takeover man city have had? All we want is to be taken over by somebody with an inclin of ambition, somebody who can give an actual Fu(k about the club and it's fans, somebody who will actually try and sign a couple of desperately needed players Rafa has been crying out for since he got here.
    Great post, i wouldnt want a man city type owner i just want a owner that has alot more ambition than ashley which isnt hard seeing as he doesnt have one bit of ambition.

By this definition, I'd be happy for Newcastle to be draped in plastic.

This is a bit of a nonsense definition, if I'm honest. "Plastic" = money. All clubs have long-term devoted fans. And there are many "plastic" fans, who are more numerous with money and/or success.

Look at it the other way: our minimal plastic fan count is symptomatic of our near-irrelevance in recent football as our "real" fans cling to memories of yesteryear and try to obscure the view to our empty trophy cabinet from the last 50 years... ...save of course an Intertoto.

All the clubs listed have genuine fans too so not sure what is the problem with having tons of fans who just tag along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post

This is a bit of a nonsense definition, if I'm honest. "Plastic" = money. All clubs have long-term devoted fans. And there are many "plastic" fans, who are more numerous with money and/or success.

Look at it the other way: our minimal plastic fan count is symptomatic of our near-irrelevance in recent football as our "real" fans cling to memories of yesteryear and try to obscure the view to our empty trophy cabinet from the last 50 years... ...save of course an Intertoto.

All the clubs listed have genuine fans too so not sure what is the problem with having tons of fans who just tag along for the ride.
    Its the likes of chelsea man city and psg, who have accumulated alot if fans since the take over, but if one of them went back to where they were before the take over, the fans wouldn't last 2 mins and would switch to another club. I seen a post on some website months ago was an American who used to support ac milan but now supports man city.... Thats the kind of fans those 3 clubs have.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post

So, let's use Sunderland as an example, when they were in our league.

48,000 capacity, circa 37,000 turning up.

We land and suddenly the other 8,000 turn up.

But they support Sunderland none the less. Are the 8,000 plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Don´t forget Stretch Armstrong.
    He's more a rubber supporter.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)