+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastic Clubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Plastic Clubs

Seeing as we are playing one tomorrow, which other clubs in the world of football would u class as plastic?

What do you mean exactly by plastic clubs? Clubs that have spent a ridiculous amount of money to get to/remain at the top?

Chelsea.
    Man City.
    Man Utd.
    Liverpool.
    Barcelona.
    Real Madrid.
    PSG.
    Bayern Münich.
    Juventus.

To name a few.

Just about every club that wants to constantly be in the running for the CL title + their respective nation's domestic league title.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    What do you mean exactly by plastic clubs? Clubs that have spent a ridiculous amount of money to get to/remain at the top?

Chelsea.
    Man City.
    Man Utd.
    Liverpool.
    Barcelona.
    Real Madrid.
    PSG.
    Bayern Münich.
    Juventus.

To name a few.

Just about every club that wants to constantly be in the running for the CL title + their respective nation's domestic league title.
    I mean, clubs with little history and been taken over by wealthy owners, who have spent billions in a short period of time to get to the top...

Chelsea definitely. 8 trophies including only 1 league title prior to Abramovich. More famous for their hooligans and probably wouldn’t have had another trophy if they hadn’t been geographically positioned where they are to attract top players.

Man City very similar 9 trophies prior the Mansoor.

PSG 14 trophies prior to current owners and the French league is pretty poor anyway.

All the rest of the clubs named have significant history and should include Arsenal and both Milan clubs and maybe Ajax (although the Dutch league is also crap).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Chelsea definitely. 8 trophies including only 1 league title prior to Abramovich. More famous for their hooligans and probably wouldn’t have had another trophy if they hadn’t been geographically positioned where they are to attract top players.

PSG 14 trophies prior to current owners and the French league is pretty poor anyway.

All the rest of the clubs named have significant history and should include Arsenal and both Milan clubs and maybe Ajax (although the Dutch league is also crap).
    I didnt realise psg had won that many trophies before they got took over, i thought they had won about 2 in history lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post

Wow i just looked up, PSG are now the most successful club in France.... 28 trophies... I thought lyon and marsielle were by far the most successful clubs and i thought it would take psg years to catch up..obviously not...

we are a plastic club

every time we get relegated we spend loads and come back p

Aye so have I and they had 23 prior to the take over including the coupe de league or whatever it is ie our Carabao cup equivalent. The trophee de champions is their charity shield so isnt a ‘trophy’ as it’s a one off not a tournament (well in my eyes anyway).

As much as I hate to say it in this country Vile are the most successful after Man U, Liverpool Chelsea (rrrrrgh) and Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    we are a plastic club

every time we get relegated we spend loads and come back p
    Loads of money the club earns or loads or money from a owner? Bc im sure we spent £50M but we sold players for £85m.....thats not to mention parachute payments.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)