+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Olympic Lyon 0-1 OGC Nice

Olympic Lyon 0-1 OGC Nice

In the interest of balance on the board I think it's worth highlighting what a decent result this was tonight for Chien's second club .

Lyon are one of the top 6 French clubs and on the final day of the French season put paid to OGC Nice's hopes of Europa League football so
    I'm sure the result tonight is very satisfactory .

€10m signing Maxim with the winner .

Freak results often occur early season.( Think Huddersfield's 1-0 win over Man U early last season to get the idea.)

OGC Nice themselves were a top six club but sadly, under Chien's ownership, they now languish in the bottom half of the league. Fair play to them, however, their first victory of the season provides a rare moment of joy for long suffering Nice fans.

OGC NICE one of their players cost more than all our squad and whoever's on the books give up wasting your money Mr Chein and put it in a right football club

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Freak results often occur early season.( Think Huddersfield's 1-0 win over Man U early last season to get the idea.)

OGC Nice themselves were a top six club but sadly, under Chien's ownership, they now languish in the bottom half of the league. Fair play to them, however, their first victory of the season provides a rare moment of joy for long suffering Nice fans.
    Early season freak results weren't mentioned on this topic last week after OGC Nice suffered a 0-4 drubbing from second place Dijon !! .

I only seek balance and I'm without an agenda so I speak with an open mind .

The Balotelli effect

I too speak with an open mind.

I am concerned that OGC Nice fans don't suffer the same fate as those of Chien's other club and see their team relegated.