+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beradi

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Two players I have constantly said were good despite sometimes swimming against the tide have been Roofe and Beradi (last season he was playing either out of position or when not fully recovered and fit) - also said Klich was good too last season and I still think FW is a decent keeper and will get better (though BPF has come on leaps and bounds since being made clear number 1 and is now looking like developing into a top class player in the seasons to come)
    I love Berardi, but I still think we are more getting lucky with him at centre back than him being a good centre back in all honesty. Roofe for me has upped his game in terms of work rate this year.

I've never been a critic of berardi, roofe yes I've critisized him before, but any player I critisize its always constructive, it aint a case of theyre crap sod em, ok maybe 1 or 2 but they were genuinly crap! lol

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    I've never been a critic of berardi, roofe yes I've critisized him before, but any player I critisize its always constructive, it aint a case of theyre crap sod em, ok maybe 1 or 2 but they were genuinly crap! lol
    Whilst the very best players will tend to shine through no matter what the role of the coach/manager and th back room staff is to provide the conditions and platform for the team to thrive which Bielsa and team are showing this season and perhaps how much we have missed that before he arrived.

Remember seeing his first match, chest high kung fu kick, red card; knew he'd be a favourite from then on!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I love Berardi, but I still think we are more getting lucky with him at centre back than him being a good centre back in all honesty
    Yes, no doubting his commitment and effort, but I'm afraid that his height means that we're always in danger against balls into the box. It was a mixture of luck and Boro sh1t finishing that saved us from conceding on Friday night, but sooner or later we will concede goals because of this.

If only he could grow 6/7" during the international break.

Great squad player, heart of a lion and gives 100% every match. You know what you get with him and he’s consistent in his approach. Often wondered if he could adapt to CM and be the aggressive ball winner we sometimes seem to lack. There again, how long would he last before being that wound up he collected a red card.

He’s a Leeds player and for me worth his wage every time

Gives 100% I agree, height an issue which isn't his fault, but at times suddenly loses the plot, did nobody see how he got injured Friday, he launched himself knees up into the back of a Middlesbrough player in the box, not particularly skillfully on the ball either, prefer cooper, that's my opinion, tin hat on as it seems I'm in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Yes, no doubting his commitment and effort, but I'm afraid that his height means that we're always in danger against balls into the box. It was a mixture of luck and Boro sh1t finishing that saved us from conceding on Friday night, but sooner or later we will concede goals because of this.
    We played with a midfield that would make the diddymen look tall when Revie had the likes of Bremner and Giles bossing the midfield. Not saying Berardi is of that ilk, but perhaps with the right coaching and support, he might aspire (and who knows, even succeed) in emulating them?

Agree with all the other comments about the man, as an outsider imported into a squad/team that was never likely to make best use of his skills, he has made Leeds his home, philosophically and literally (I think?), he will do for me.

I happen to disagree with people that Beradi wont make a decent CB due to his height. He is one member of the defensive unit, we have other players like Jansson, Ayling, BPF that can deal with the long/high ball.

Beradi is full blooded, tenacious, has a bit of pace and can pass the ball. A player like him, who just gets on with it and does his job with no nonsense is worth his weight in gold. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is or will be the best superstar CB, but I think he has the right attitude/focus and will do/is doing a decent job there.

Thought he handled Assombalonga superbly on the night. Phillips also put in a great shift as well I can see why Biesla has him in the team.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)