+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Just because we aren't scoring doesn't mean that Rooney was the answer. We got good money for a player who's career is only going one way....

The problem is the current three favourites, May, Wilson and Cosgrove aren't any good...but that doesn't mean that I want Rooney back
    I agree with this. Rooney was great when we had McGinn and Hayes constantly supplying him with chances. He still would be better than the 3 we have if we had those two wingers on top form putting balls into the box, but we don't. I would imagine if Rooney was in the team this year he'd probably have scored a few goals (more than our current strikers), but I don't think he'd be scoring for fun like seasons before. I'd probably rather have him than the 3 we've got, but that's more of a comment on them than on him. Wilson may come good as he is clearly a good player - if he stays fit and gets a bit more confidence he might score a few. Cosgrove turns us into a terrible team and May is worse than being a man down.

[QUOTE=BogBrush1903;39045897]You can suck up to those named posters all you want you sycophant but I'm not sure if I said it on here; however, I thought he was done at Scottish Premiership level...

Just because we aren't scoring doesn't mean that Rooney was the answer. We got good money for a player who's career is only going one way....

The problem is the current three favourites, May, Wilson and Cosgrove aren't any good...but that doesn't mean that I want Rooney back[/QUOT

I said he was done without Hayes and McGinn providing the chances he was used to. He'd lost a yard of what little pace he had. Couldn't hold the ball up and was terrible in the air. The last 3 failings didn't matter when he was scoring goals. They became very important latterly.

Crash helmet on 😨

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I reckon the amount of match time Wilson, Cosgrove and May have played this season...me and your good self would give them a run for their money.

But would McInnes recognise our "link up" play

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

But would McInnes recognise our "link up" play

SF
    Don’t worry about that tube. Once he gives the rest of the team their team talk we will just inform them to ignore the c@nt and it’s changed to all out attacking. Like I have said previously anyone could score against St.Mirren and that’s a good challenge for us.

[QUOTE=Kilgore trout;39046158]
    Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    You can suck up to those named posters all you want you sycophant but I'm not sure if I said it on here; however, I thought he was done at Scottish Premiership level...

The problem is the current three favourites, May, Wilson and Cosgrove aren't any good...but that doesn't mean that I want Rooney back[/QUOT

I said he was done without Hayes and McGinn providing the chances he was used to. He'd lost a yard of what little pace he had. Couldn't hold the ball up and was terrible in the air. The last 3 failings didn't matter when he was scoring goals. They became very important latterly.

Crash helmet on ��
    You say Rooney was done but yet he still outscored them last season he would outscored them all this season if he was still here ! What’s your opinion on cosgrove, May and Wilson attributes then

Rooney was great and he was the poacher supreme, reminded me on Duncan Shearer (the player not the man who leaves a lot to be desired) and we got him a little earlier in his career than we got Shearer...as an aside, the also both had the surnames of the England national team main strikers of the time, however, both faded quite rapidly...

Rooney's hat-trick against St Johnstone helped his goal stats but, to me, he looked a fading force, not quite as sharp as he was previously. We were offered money (around £300,000), and I think we wisely accepted. It was good all round, he left Pittodrie as a hero and he gets a nice earner in his early 30s, and not with the fans on his back whilst getting 20 minutes here and there...

And so we should have got a like for like replacement. Someone fit, with an eye for goal and something to prove but what do we get...

Someone fit: Stevie May a man who has suffered a couple of serious injuries and isn't fading but already faded
    An Eye for Goal: Sammy Cosgrove One career goal on signing and couldnae hit a barn door with a banjo
    Something to prove: Jimmy Wilson A man who's football career consists of getting paid ridiculous amounts of money a week for lounging in jacuzzis and doesn't have to prove anything because people give him money and plaudits for doing diddley-squat

We all knew the recruitment was a joke, and I would say that the recruitment was so bad that people need to lose their jobs about it because it was incompetence of the highest order
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 25-10-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: The man Shearer leaves a lot be desired not Rooney

And how do you actually know that to be the case,
    It's man management 101.
    No manager gets any value retaining an employee who wants to move on.

The management and the club could have and should told Salford to Fk off as they did with Hull and Villa when they came asking about another palyer under contract (Mkenna).
    They could have, but rest assured, McKenna would have been sold in the summer had it not been for timing.
    Steve Bruce was warned not to come on the last day of the window as it left us with no time to replace and at a time when our defence was already stretched for the start of the season.

I fully expect McKenna to be sold in January and we should have a plan of targets for replacement in the same window.

[QUOTE=Basingstokered;39046199]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post

You say Rooney was done but yet he still outscored them last season he would outscored them all this season if he was still here ! What’s your opinion on cosgrove, May and Wilson attributes then
    I haven't seen enough of Wilson. He may come good. Cosgrove is awful. Unfortunately May is either done or Mcinness can't work out a formation to get the best out of him. I was at Parkhead on Saturday with my Hibs mate. We have a much better defence than them but attacking wise they are light years ahead. All very depressing I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I fully expect McKenna to be sold in January and we should have a plan of targets for replacement in the same window.
    We are in serious danger of getting left behind, not just by the OF, but by Hearts and Hibs (and possibly even Kilmarnock) if our recruitment doesn't improve dramatically in the next 2 windows.

Imagine our current side without McKenna, Shinnie and GMS... that could be a reality come next summer. About another 4 or 5 are loanees and another 4 or 5 are almost certain to be gone by next summer at the latest. We've done well for a few years because we've had a fairly consistent team with one or two moving on being replaced by similar or better quality players... until last season... and now it's really really beginning to show and will only get worse. Drastic action required in January - ship out those clearly not good enough and get some quality in pronto. I know it's not easy to source top talent on a budget but it will be pretty easy to find better players than Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey, Hoban, May, Cosgrove etc who are either hopeless or almost permanently injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    We are in serious danger of getting left behind, not just by the OF, but by Hearts and Hibs (and possibly even Kilmarnock) if our recruitment doesn't improve dramatically in the next 2 windows.

Imagine our current side without McKenna, Shinnie and GMS... that could be a reality come next summer. About another 4 or 5 are loanees and another 4 or 5 are almost certain to be gone by next summer at the latest. We've done well for a few years because we've had a fairly consistent team with one or two moving on being replaced by similar or better quality players... until last season... and now it's really really beginning to show and will only get worse. Drastic action required in January - ship out those clearly not good enough and get some quality in pronto. I know it's not easy to source top talent on a budget but it will be pretty easy to find better players than Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey, Hoban, May, Cosgrove etc who are either hopeless or almost permanently injured.
    It is looking more and more that the two midfielders bro

Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast