+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 209 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Dinna insult the Fort

They have enough people bashing them as it is
    It was just on the basis that when he can't make their first team he could switch over to the shinty team instead

No more loan players with serious leg injuries
    No more permanent signings of players recovering from serious injuries
    Seems like a basic rule to me.
    Serious internal review and explanation how we actually recruit players.
    Serious flaws in recent years

In recent years?

Was our requirement good before that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Didn't we say that the last couple of summers as well though...For me it's a window and we should use it irrespective of history. If we can get a good player in January, take him!
    Undoubtedly.....but we dinna need a good player.....or even two good players, we're needing a red-oot and a rebuild and they're seldom successful in January.

Not signing players who haven't looked after themselves and / or are unprofessional would help.
    The problem is with the the scouting team - who are clearly useless. Due diligence and all that.

Maybe 1 in 3 decent
    Admit some of its being absolutely honking .

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    The problem is with the the scouting team - who are clearly useless. Due diligence and all that.
    Need clarity on how DM's scouting system works.

Does DM tell Russ Richardson "source me a speedy left back" for example, with DM then casting his eye on the selected player, or does DM source the player and then tell RR to go scout him and feed back?

Looks like it's the former to me; maybe it's the modern way but doesn't sit right with me.

We need to go back to the old scouting days of Jimmy Calderwood with his midweek jaunts to England, brown envelopes and back door meetings with 'arry and Fat Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I was thinking Fort William for Cosgrove
    He might find his level there, but even then I'm nae sure he could get a regular game, there either. Never mind a fkn goal ffs

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 10-12-2018 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    He might find his level there, but even then I'm nae sure he could get a regular game, there either. Never mind a fkn goal ffs

SF
    We don’t use Lurch correctly on the pitch either. We expect him to get on the end of every punt up the park, bring the ball down and wait a bit until the other players get into the final third of the pitch. If we are forced to use him then surely we would be trying to push players in the box near him to feed off his height when we fire crosses in from both sides during a match.
    I am not convinced at all by our regular three main striking options but I have a degree of sympathy for them due to the style of football we adopt. 1 man up top suits none of these 3.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Undoubtedly.....but we dinna need a good player.....or even two good players, we're needing a red-oot and a rebuild and they're seldom successful in January.
    Sneckers min, as you were part of the red army at Hampden, of the starting line up.....who is on your cull list?
    Remember EU work conditions......for now!

Page 15 of 209 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast