+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 160 of 209 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

We should bring in players who will help us compete against our rivals better. Our biggest rivals over the past 4 years have been Celtic.

Really dont like the idea of signing a player whose loyalty (ie they pay the bulk of his wages) is to a team we are competing against and we can't play him against.

We don't need Morgan AND Hayes anyway - they both play the same position. I'd rather have Hayes permanently than Morgan for 6 months. Hayes is the more proven player and would still do a good job.

Folk saying McGinn has been poor since he returned are being a little harsh - he is still right up there in terms of assists and chances created in the league. He's not as good as he was before but he's still contributing and is still one of the best in the league in his position. I'd imagine Hayes would be much the same.

Morgan has barely played in the SPL - the loan is a lose / lose situation - he gets games and it turns out he isn't actually as good as everyone was hyping him up to be OR he gets games, plays sensationally, helps us pick up a few more points, but can't play against the team we're trying to challenge for the title, and then goes back to them a better player at the end of it. Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    We don't need Morgan AND Hayes anyway - they both play the same position. I'd rather have Hayes permanently than Morgan for 6 months. Hayes is the more proven player and would still do a good job.

Folk saying McGinn has been poor since he returned are being a little harsh - he is still right up there in terms of assists and chances created in the league. He's not as good as he was before but he's still contributing and is still one of the best in the league in his position. I'd imagine Hayes would be much the same.

Morgan has barely played in the SPL - the loan is a lose / lose situation - he gets games and it turns out he isn't actually as good as everyone was hyping him up to be OR he gets games, plays sensationally, helps us pick up a few more points, but can't play against the team we're trying to challenge for the title, and then goes back to them a better player at the end of it. Pointless.
    I f you think we are going to challenge for the title then quite frankly your literally off your heed. We couldn't score more than 1 against Stenhousemuir and we could still be playing against Kilmarnock and still not scored. I love the thought the some fans genuinely believe we could win the title, I'm sorry it aint happening and as much as Celtic and Rangers are di#cking about at the moment they will 100% finish 1+2 respectively. In fact I think Celtic + Rangers will finish up a good 10pts clear of us in 3rd.

If you compare the AFC squad with Celtic and Rangers then we are miles away now and god help us if Shinnie gets injured. Look at the depth of squad it's as pysh as it's been for years. There is no way that squad will gain 2nd never mind 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

He'll be going to Sunderland and back to Jack Ross.

Ross has said nae chunce

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I f you think we are going to challenge for the title then quite frankly your literally off your heed. We couldn't score more than 1 against Stenhousemuir and we could still be playing against Kilmarnock and still not scored. I love the thought the some fans genuinely believe we could win the title, I'm sorry it aint happening and as much as Celtic and Rangers are di#cking about at the moment they will 100% finish 1+2 respectively. In fact I think Celtic + Rangers will finish up a good 10pts clear of us in 3rd.

If you compare the AFC squad with Celtic and Rangers then we are miles away now and god help us if Shinnie gets injured. Look at the depth of squad it's as pysh as it's been for years. There is no way that squad will gain 2nd never mind 1st.
    Sadly, i agree with most of this, although I do think our squad depth is on a par with previous years, maybe a little younger, but i see that as a positive

I'm sorry it aint happening and as much as Celtic and Rangers are di#cking about at the moment they will 100% finish 1+2 respectively. In fact I think Celtic + Rangers will finish up a good 10pts clear of us in 3rd.

There is no way that squad will gain 2nd never mind 1st.
    That's the spirit

If you compare the AFC squad with Celtic and Rangers then we are miles away now and god help us if Shinnie gets injured. Look at the depth of squad it's as pysh as it's been for years. There is no way that squad will gain 2nd never mind 1st.[/QUOTE]

I am one of the relatively few on here that believes (or kids myself on, whichever you prefer) that we can still win the league in a year where celtic have a down year. Sadly this will be a down year for celtic and we are not going to be in a position to take advantage. By Wednesday night we will most likely be 8 points behind them. If they keep going at their current rate (and actually I think they will pick up more points per game in the rest of the season versus the first part) then they get to 83 points, which is pretty low to win a league with. For us to get to 84 points (their GD is 26 better than ours) we would need 13 wins and 2 draws from out last 15 games - isn't going to happen I'm afraid. We are trending towards low 70's points, which is where we have been in last few years so won't be far away from second.

No point in comparing squads as since TV money ruined football celtic and the old rangers squads were always stronger as they have more money to spend. Same will always be true every year in the future unless Sky go bust and UEFA stop financial doping (otherwise known as Champions League). What we need to concentrate on is putting together the strongest possible first 11 as the likes of sevco can't play their 26 first team players against us, just 11 v 11. I've always said that the way we win the league is be flat track bullies against the bottom 7 or so teams and then get as close as we can to 50/50 against the top 4 or 5 teams (more is always better of course!) and that gets us to mid 80's points. In some years that might just be enough!!

That all said, for the rest of this season our main focus should be Scottish Cup as that is our best hope of a trophy.

I agree about the squad being pretty thin. So if the current figures about wages are correct, and we are third, where is the money going as the likes of Hearts seem to have a far bigger squad. Our top players must be on a decent screw.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We are all entitled to our opinions.
    The fact you don't accept that is no shock to be honest.

So you think that I think people are not entitled to their opinions, that's not what I said.

The problem with your opinion is that it's always what the hierarchy at Pittodrie think.

Sometimes would be fine, I wouldn't have a problem with mostly, but always?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    That's the spirit
    It's called reality.

Page 160 of 209 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast