+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 165 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Here you go...apologies for the link to the Daily Retard

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true
    Thankfully Jack Ross has more appeal to the player

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Here you go...apologies for the link to the Daily Retard

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true
    In the very same paper there are quotes from Jack saying maybe in future but not now basically

I also dont think Brenda would want him to go to third tier guffball against Accrington and Burton etc

He will want the win win situation like he got with Christie. Albeit i reckon Christie wasnt in his plans

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Well apart from one season where we finished 3rd, these players that the club spent money on 20 years ago weren't taking us into a position to challenge. And what were other clubs in the league spending in comparison at the time?

For the last four (should have been 5)years on the spin we've finished 2nd but the fans don't see the board trying to go that one step further. So maybe you're right, we should be spending a little more than we did 20 years ago.

However, it isn't all about having a huge budget but you need to be clever how you spend. A well run club can be just as effective as one that spends big but the Milne years have been shambolic

And all this years of pain have left us with fans like you, happy to watch Glasgow share the trophy spoils. But it's not fans with your outlook that will attract the next generation of supporters to AFC.
    I never said I’m happy to watch the cheeks share all the trophies but incase you didn’t notice they have been doing that with the league since 1985.

It’s been said before by others that the season under delia was our opportunity if we wanted to try to win the league, we could have strengthened in January of that year but didn’t bother so in the end they finished around 10 points ahead of us.

It’s the cups that we should be looking to win on a regular basis,we have only won 1 in the last 24 years so talking about winning the league is getting a bit ahead of yourself anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    In the very same paper there are quotes from Jack saying maybe in future but not now basically
    It also says that we are likely to take Hayes on loan because we couldn’t afford the transfer fee for him.

How much are they wanting for a 31 year old squad player who is past his best?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

It’s the cups that we should be looking to win on a regular basis,we have only won 1 in the last 24 years so talking about winning the league is getting a bit ahead of yourself anyway.
    The opportunity has been there since 2012 maybe longer. Absolutely no doubt about it. No EBT players that shouldnt be here, poor celtic teams, us improving ten fold. The ingredients were there. But our ambition certainly f@cking wasnt . The challenge to push on to the next level was not on the radar of our club

6 teams have won the Scottish and 6 the League cup in the last ten years. So the cups have definitely been there for the taking

You ask if we thought we could win the league under Ebbe or Patterson. No because we were sh@te. But its irrelevant.

We are now not sh@te at people are just happy with being just that "nae sh@te anymore". The gulf in class between the pigs and us is not the gulf it has been made out to be. This season we have even regressed but they have too keeping us close. But my point is, we don't seem to want to make a step up. Second and Europe is like a trophy to too many. Im not saying we will win or would have but by f@ck we have had two chances and if we had the balls, who knows

I genuinely believe we have missed a golden opportunity to put a cat amongst the pigeons, one that wont appear again for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It also says that we are likely to take Hayes on loan because we couldn’t afford the transfer fee for him.

How much are they wanting for a 31 year old squad player who is past his best?
    Inert puke face

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The opportunity has been there since 2012 maybe longer. Absolutely no doubt about it. No EBT players that shouldnt be here, poor celtic teams, us improving ten fold. The ingredients were there. But our ambition certainly f@cking wasnt . The challenge to push on to the next level was not on the radar of our club

6 teams have won the Scottish and 6 the League cup in the last ten years. So the cups have definitely been there for the taking

You ask if we thought we could win the league under Ebbe or Patterson. No because we were sh@te. But its irrelevant.

We are now not sh@te at people are just happy with being just that "nae sh@te anymore". The gulf in class between the pigs and us is not the gulf it has been made out to be. This season we have even regressed but they have too keeping us close. But my point is, we don't seem to want to make a step up. Second and Europe is like a trophy to too many. Im not saying we will win or would have but by f@ck we have had two chances and if we had the balls, who knows

I genuinely believe we have missed a golden opportunity to put a cat amongst the pigeons, one that wont appear again for a long time
    You say the gulf between us and Celtic aint that big. So does that mean DM and SM aint doing that bad a job considering the massive difference in budgets?

Your also forgetting that Celtic always have a poor first half of the season due mostly to the huge amount of games they play. Once Europe is basically out of the way in Feb then that is usually when you see them stretch away. It happens most seasons.

What do you think the potential of this club is and how do we achieve it? I presume it starts with a new chairman and and a new management structure. You might have to change the background staff/coaches as they have been brought in by DM.

So lets hear your plans Pacman for the step up without going into serious debt.

[QUOTE=rico94;39130672]It also says that we are likely to take Hayes on loan because we couldn’t afford the transfer fee for him.

How much are they wanting for a 31 year old squad player who is past his best?[/QUOTE

Brenda wants McKenna, that’s the only reason he was prepared to give us Morgan, I reckon. Win win for Sellic. He’s obviously since been given zero encouragement re McKenna thus has let his player go to Sunderland.

Christie was slightly different inasmuch as he already had one foot out the door when Brenda arrived, I’m sure that loan was very much with a view to being made permanent, however the player exceeded expectations whilst here.

Also, I can’t see any way we will take Hayes on loan, as it suits no one. Would have to be a permanent deal and they will want a big chunk of the £1.3m original outlay returned, which we’ll never entertain nor should we.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 29-01-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    You say the gulf between us and Celtic aint that big. So does that mean DM and SM aint doing that bad a job considering the massive difference in budgets?

Your also forgetting that Celtic always have a poor first half of the season due mostly to the huge amount of games they play. Once Europe is basically out of the way in Feb then that is usually when you see them stretch away. It happens most seasons.

What do you think the potential of this club is and how do we achieve it? I presume it starts with a new chairman and and a new management structure. You might have to change the background staff/coaches as they have been brought in by DM.

So lets hear your plans Pacman for the step up without going into serious debt.
    Don't need to go into debt.

Also I have never doubted the good job McInnes has done and I have also stated that many times on here. Brown steadied, McInnes took it further and fair play. But people seem to be chuffed at that. Unfortunately its important people like Milne and McInnes

So how about attacking celtic when we play them being the first point of call. Theres a great start. Its something we clearly do not do. You look when celtic drop points or get beat in Europe. Most of the time its because teams attack them. Hearts had a spell where they were very good at it. Killie have done it too. That nine points difference last season may have been a lot different. They are not used to being attacked. They are used to being handed points on a plate. But tell me when celtic last had a solid defence without a donkey who is easy to expose in it. The list of donkeys is endless in recent years. You are going back years to a properly decent defence. Mjallby, Vaalgaeren times. But recently the weak link/token donkey never gets found out in Scotland though

Ill be controversial here. When celtic blame the league for their Euro failings there is an element of truth to it. That and they are not as good as they think they are. But the wee element I believe is, most teams are beaten before they play them in Scotland so they are not challenged almost all of the time. When they come up against the likes of AEK, Salzburg, Astana, Anderlecht, Hapoel Beer Sheeva and such like, there is no fear factor. It comes as a shock to the pigs who canrt cope. These teams get wired in. Unlike in Scotland where there are inferiority complexes and general fear in their lashings. So I kind of understand where they are coming from. And what pisses me off and is the reason I don't like McInnes is we are one of those teams. Especially in the last few seasons. Brendas time. We change tactics off the back of nine game unbeaten streaks to set up in a scared fashion. Have a f@cking go. Celtic do not like it and there is plenty of evidence to prove it. We don't though and that falls right at the managers door. No balls and no ambition. Then in turn that falls right at the chairmans door. Why is he allowing McInnes to set up for the inevitable do in. Because hes happy just to come second and get to Europe and nae be sh@te

But in a similar vein, Ive heard Aberdeen fans say "we can afford to write of celtic games". So aslong as the bridesmaid badge is achieved then its all good.How f@cking defeatist is that. Whats the f@cking point?

When McInnes came in I genuinely believed it was a turning point for the club. I wasn't sure with the appointment at the time but I thought times were changing and maybe just maybe we could be a decent force. Then I realized hes a eunuch. His big game record exposes that massively. He will not change now.

So yes a new manager may help(I would also go foreign). But how about the one who is holding post grows a pair. It will get a lot of people onside

There is potential at our club, we are out on our own 66 miles from the nearest pro team, a one team city, a city which is full of wealth, we are currently the second best team in the land and we on the whole have a good team. Plenty of potential there to move up to the next level......

Lets face it though, until we move to the Kingsford Krapshack we are stuck with the man who thinks second is a trophy and rangers are vit@l*. So lets all just suck it up and accept "nae sh@te anymore"

Why get to where we are to just say "ach that's fine". Its disillusioning.

*edit Vital is a banned word? What the f@cks that about?
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 29-01-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Daft word policing

Page 165 of 209 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast