+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 166 of 209 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Don't need to go into debt.

Also I have never doubted the good job McInnes has done and I have also stated that many times on here. Brown steadied, McInnes took it further and fair play. But people seem to be chuffed at that. Unfortunately its important people like Milne and McInnes

So how about attacking celtic when we play them being the first point of call. Theres a great start. Its something we clearly do not do. You look when celtic drop points or get beat in Europe. Most of the time its because teams attack them. Hearts had a spell where they were very good at it. Killie have done it too. That nine points difference last season may have been a lot different. They are not used to being attacked. They are used to being handed points on a plate. But tell me when celtic last had a solid defence without a donkey who is easy to expose in it. The list of donkeys is endless in recent years. You are going back years to a properly decent defence. Mjallby, Vaalgaeren times. But recently the weak link/token donkey never gets found out in Scotland though

Ill be controversial here. When celtic blame the league for their Euro failings there is an element of truth to it. That and they are not as good as they think they are. But the wee element I believe is, most teams are beaten before they play them in Scotland so they are not challenged almost all of the time. When they come up against the likes of AEK, Salzburg, Astana, Anderlecht, Hapoel Beer Sheeva and such like, there is no fear factor. It comes as a shock to the pigs who canrt cope. These teams get wired in. Unlike in Scotland where there are inferiority complexes and general fear in their lashings. So I kind of understand where they are coming from. And what pisses me off and is the reason I don't like McInnes is we are one of those teams. Especially in the last few seasons. Brendas time. We change tactics off the back of nine game unbeaten streaks to set up in a scared fashion. Have a f@cking go. Celtic do not like it and there is plenty of evidence to prove it. We don't though and that falls right at the managers door. No balls and no ambition. Then in turn that falls right at the chairmans door. Why is he allowing McInnes to set up for the inevitable do in. Because hes happy just to come second and get to Europe and nae be sh@te

But in a similar vein, Ive heard Aberdeen fans say "we can afford to write of celtic games". So aslong as the bridesmaid badge is achieved then its all good.How f@cking defeatist is that. Whats the f@cking point?

When McInnes came in I genuinely believed it was a turning point for the club. I wasn't sure with the appointment at the time but I thought times were changing and maybe just maybe we could be a decent force. Then I realized hes a eunuch. His big game record exposes that massively. He will not change now.

So yes a new manager may help(I would also go foreign). But how about the one who is holding post grows a pair. It will get a lot of people onside

There is potential at our club, we are out on our own 66 miles from the nearest pro team, a one team city, a city which is full of wealth, we are currently the second best team in the land and we on the whole have a good team. Plenty of potential there to move up to the next level......

Lets face it though, until we move to the Kingsford Krapshack we are stuck with the man who thinks second is a trophy and rangers are vit@l*. So lets all just suck it up and accept "nae sh@te anymore"

Why get to where we are to just say "ach that's fine". Its disillusioning.

*edit Vital is a banned word? What the f@cks that about?
    Can't really disagree with any of that Pac.

As a club we just need to show a bot of ambition ffs
    And as it stands just now there is zero ambition being shown, and fk me we could even take his negative approach consistently against Timothy and say it has spread into all "big games" Killie at the weekend another classic example.
    I'm not completely against trying a new manager either, but like you say pal, what about the current one that we have grows a set of balls and sets the team up and put's them out every fkn game to have a right go irrespective who the fkn opposition is and whats "at stake" then we might just get some belief in ourselves that we can better than "just not sh1te anymore"

But sadly for me right now i believe the club is showing basically less than zero ambition and even thinking about loaning a Tim again, and taking Hayes back WTF is that all about.

The opportunity has been there since 2012 maybe longer. Absolutely no doubt about it. No EBT players that shouldnt be here, poor celtic teams, us improving ten fold. The ingredients were there. But our ambition certainly f@cking wasnt . The challenge to push on to the next level was not on the radar of our club

6 teams have won the Scottish and 6 the League cup in the last ten years. So the cups have definitely been there for the taking

You ask if we thought we could win the league under Ebbe or Patterson. No because we were sh@te. But its irrelevant.

We are now not sh@te at people are just happy with being just that "nae sh@te anymore". The gulf in class between the pigs and us is not the gulf it has been made out to be. This season we have even regressed but they have too keeping us close. But my point is, we don't seem to want to make a step up. Second and Europe is like a trophy to too many. Im not saying we will win or would have but by f@ck we have had two chances and if we had the balls, who knows

I genuinely believe we have missed a golden opportunity to put a cat amongst the pigeons, one that wont appear again for a long time
    We have been regressing for 4 years according to some on here so how can the gulf between us and Celtic not be that different?

It’s funny that pretty much every player apart from Lewis,Ferguson and McKenna is shyte and needs replaced by some ones opinion on here but at the same time our squad is good enough to challenge for the league

The truth is we probably could challenge the cheeks for the league,we just need a better manager,chairman and players

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We have been regressing for 4 years according to some on here so how can the gulf between us and Celtic not be that different?

It’s funny that pretty much every player apart from Lewis,Ferguson and McKenna is shyte and needs replaced by some ones opinion on here but at the same time our squad is good enough to challenge for the league

The truth is we probably could challenge the cheeks for the league,we just need a better manager,chairman and players
    We do have sh@te in our ranks but so do they. Their defence for starters. But sh@te still get success at times

David May won the Champions league for f@ck sake.

Regression in the last four years is crazy talk. This season I would have to say aye but luckily it has came in a season where everyone up the top is dropping points galore. So its kept us up there and also kept it interesting. We are still in decent shape squad wise but we could do with three good signings(not Hayes or Morgan).

We need a braver chairman and a braver manager. That doesn't necessarily mean new though. Im ruling out the first one indefinatley

Well done Rico you have gained the coveted 2 gold star seal of approval from afcmad. Use this great honour wisely young man.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Well done Rico you have gained the coveted 2 gold star seal of approval from afcmad. Use this great honour wisely young man.
    I look forward to you achieving such an award

It was a great post.
    It could have been better though

The truth is we probably could challenge the cheeks for the league,we just need a better manager,chairman and players, all without spending a penny more

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Is that two stars to represent happy with second?

ut the wee element I believe is, most teams are beaten before they play them in Scotland so they are not challenged almost all of the time. When they come up against the likes of AEK, Salzburg, Astana, Anderlecht, Hapoel Beer Sheeva and such like, there is no fear factor. It comes as a shock to the pigs who can't cope. These teams get wired in. Unlike in Scotland where there are inferiority complexes and general fear in their lashings.
    I believe the Argentinians have a saying about teams being beaten in the changing rooms (In David Goldblatt's The Ball is Round) before they start and that definitely happens in Scotland. I always think that because many of the players/managers are from the West of Scotland they sometimes in awe of the gruesome twosome and their support.

For instance, when Celtic had their 'invincible' season they were beaten by Lincoln Red Imps, Hapoel Be'er Sheva and drew with Astana on the way to finishing bottom of their Champions League (which, to be fair, included Manchester City and Barcelona). However, it was hardly the form that would've indicated they were going to go through the domestic season unbeaten.

In the Cup Final of 2017, we held the lead for two minutes before a mild panic set in and allowed them to equalise. Would they get back into a game so easily in Europe? I think they find it far more difficult proposition and it doesn't have to be against top level opposition.

"According to some"......Go and support Hearts or Dundee United, they love finishing runners-up too

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    He will take them back the next time I have a go at Considine

Page 166 of 209 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast