+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 172 of 209 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    As a lot of folk have said the Pigs are not that much better than us. To a layman like me there is no huge gulf, just pace with ability which is hard to find.

Against the pigs we haven't always had the most secure defensive unit for the attacking play that everyone seems to desperately want. Perhaps if Devlin returns and McKenna isn't out for too long DM might build on a reasonably encouraging performance on Boxing Day.

My issue isn't so much with the tactics (certainly this season) its 2 other issues that f@ck us over time and again.

The first being the lack of 'streetwise' type players other than Shinnie we have. The amount of times the likes of Brown and Rogic either intimidate players or bully officials is unbelievable. Brown as well as being a c@nt is a master at deception, dragging players into conflict that causes us to loose our shape and concentration. I despise him, but he alone is probably worth 5 or 6 points at least to them a season with his general c@ntyness. All too often we get lured in. In the Cup final when he came on, mentally my gut feeling was we wouldn't beat them. I suspect that was the same for some of our players. If he f@cks off that's a plus for us we should exploit. Perhaps some proper mannies sports psychology could help us here. Shinnie himself may be part of the problem. His ability to get sucked into a scrap is terrifying. A calm head is required against such minkers.

The second problem is our inability to concentrate as a team for 90 minutes which is inextricably linked to the first issue. Its rare to see the pigs loose any goals because of a lack of collective concentration. I have no idea what the underlying issue is, lack of experience perhaps but its not like we don't have players who have not played elsewhere or experienced pressure situations against rivals.

All too often we switch off at crucial periods, goodness knows why but for a while now we have too many 'flair' players that drift in and out of games with their heads often down, examples being the likes of Pawlett in the past and currently GMS, Scott Wright etc. (I am hoping to Christ McLennan wont go down that route). It may not be the cause, but a keen eye will often spot these type of players way out of position at crucial stages.

Its rare for us to go 90 mins against them without 1 or the other happening.

You have to get the basics right against teams of equal or better technical ability if you want to beat them playing attacking fitba.
    Point 1... I'd say Devlin will help a little in this respect - will fight his corner and stand up to the likes of Brown, but sensible enough not to lose the plot like Shinnie may do. Ferguson is another who won't be intimidated, but Brown will use his experience to wind him up a bit too easily.

Point 2... again I think Devlin will help with this as he is focussed and will provide leadership at the back, ensuring others around him keep their concentration. I think it's a little harsh to blame our attacking players for defensive lapses - we're expecting an awful lot from players like McGinn, GMS, McLennan, Wright etc in games against Celtic where we want them to impose themselves on their opponent and create chances, but also want them tracking back for 90 minutes to fulfil a defensive role. At some point they're going to lose possession trying to attack and will not be able to get back to do their defensive duties - it's bound to happen a few times every match - against Celtic it's punished more often than against other teams. THe result is that often these guys find themselves concentrating more on the defensive side for fear of going forward and ending up exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Doesn't bother me too much that folk accept that, the problem for me is that those accepting it are the ones happy to move to a new stadium. Why bother?
    You could classify this as the majority of the support

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    P24 W4 D0 L20 F19 A 53
    Dont suppose we have the stats for the other teams in the league against the pigs?

As a comparison. See who might be doing it right and who is doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Had to log in to complain that the 2 stars seem to be getting banded about a bit too often.

The ab-mad 2 star badge of honour is to be used sparingly and only in cases where afcmad deems the post in question has passed all rigorous forum quality criteria.

Please bear this in mind, thanks.
    Banded about more from others than myself, but nevermind, I'm sure the mods are taking heed of your complaint

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's more like it. Thanks aldo. I wish I'd prepared something to say.

Thanks to mum dad for always being there. Thanks to miss mciness (no relation, no rules either you c*nts) in meldrum primary for giving me belief at an early age. Thanks to all my chums for giving me advice through out the years. Thanks to pacmin for the tv/films to watch whilst away. Thanks to Neil the don for picking up my lexmoto and puntin the Chinese raft o ****e to a pal and finally thanks to aldo for the gold star and the acknowledgement of what I've brought to this forum since I joined.

Better go before I get emotional and told of for going off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Sounds like acceptance of that record to me

You could take those stats and show that in the Deila years, McInnes improved year on year.
    Same with the Rogers years, year on year we are getting closer.
    The nett difference in goals scored versus conceded has certainly improved over time for each respective manager

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You could take those stats and show that in the Deila years, McInnes improved year on year.
    The nett difference in goals scored versus conceded has certainly improved over time for each respective manager
    As long as the net goal difference is good eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    Dont suppose we have the stats for the other teams in the league against the pigs?

As a comparison. See who might be doing it right and who is doing it wrong.
    Just worked out in Brendas time as Hibs Hearts and sevco have been missing in McInnes time. The 6 teams currently below. (All Competitions)

Aberdeen- P12 W1 D0 L11 F4 A22
    Kilmarnock - P9 W2 D2 L5 F7 A18
    Sevco- P12 W1 D2 L9 F7 A31
    Hearts - P10 W2 D0 L8 F9 A32
    Hibs - P6 W2 D2 L2 F10 A9 (Missing in first season)
    St Johnstone - P9 W0 D2 L7 F6 A26

Obviously all wins and draws have came in the league

We clearly ****e it v Brenda.

Don’t suppose you have a formula so we can work out for how long Brenda has to stay before we begin to have a decent record agaisnt him ?

As i have said before, Milne must love fans like you.

Page 172 of 209 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast