+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 182 of 209 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

There there, just you go and play with the plasticine

"On loan" is a correct usage of the word........oh I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Whats made up?
    Did Hearts not overspend and go into administration?
    Did OldCo not overspend and go into liquidation?
    I have never said we should invest "heavily", never mind to the level of the two cheating clubs you mention.

I think we should have invested in the team when that tw@t ronnie was at septic.

I think our club lacks ambition and that starts with the Chairman.

I think the Shuttle Bus Arena is a huge white elephant which is being pushed by a complete clown of a Chairman.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    There there, just you go and play with the plasticine
    LOL, I can only imagine that you had a very demanding English teach with some inappropriate punishments.
    Hopefully you can get over it and accept the colloquialism of referring to players being on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    I have never said we should invest "heavily", never mind to the level of the two cheating clubs you mention.

I think we should have invested in the team when that tw@t ronnie was at septic.
    How much should we have invested and do you not think that Celtic would have reciprocated if we became a greater challenge?

Throwing money at the team would give us a better opportunity with signings, but ultimately would not be a guarantee of any more success.
    Ultimately, our best opportunity will be developing the side with a good blend of talent, commitment, determination and luck, albeit any outstanding talent will attract interest from elsewhere and make the challenge even harder.

Right, once more

You borrow a player
    You lend a player
    A player is on loan

You can even be involved in a loan deal.

What you can't do, under any circumstances is loan a player FROM Celtic
    You can however loan a player TO Celtic

Neither of course is acceptable in footballing terms but at least the language would be correct.

The boy done good.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Right, once more

You borrow a player
    You lend a player
    A player is on loan

You can even be involved in a loan deal.

What you can't do, under any circumstances is loan a player FROM Celtic
    You can however loan a player TO Celtic

Neither of course is acceptable in footballing terms but at least the language would be correct.
    Seems to be missing a hell of a lot of punctuation to make total sense.

Seems to be missing a hell of a lot of punctuation to make total sense.
    Ah *******s. I logged after 2 hours and got all excited because there seemed to be an awful lot of activity in the January Transfers thread. I read through the thread hoping to find that we've signed someone only to find the page plagued with a pointless argument. Buggers, the lot of you and we haven't signed, borrowed, loaned, stolen, press ganged anybody.

And for the record, I got a B in higher English (Swotty bassa)

How much should we have invested and do you not think that Celtic would have reciprocated if we became a greater challenge?

Throwing money at the team would give us a better opportunity with signings, but ultimately would not be a guarantee of any more success.
    Ultimately, our best opportunity will be developing the side with a good blend of talent, commitment, determination and luck, albeit any outstanding talent will attract interest from elsewhere and make the challenge even harder.
    Forget it, you either cant see others points of view or refuse to.

You missed the ambition bit out of my post and more... but then again it was having a go at our Chairman and you cant have that.

Ultimately

Sounds so fcuking stupid.
    Why can't people accept the colloquialism that the player signs on loan?

Greg Stewart signed on loan from Birmingham
    Max Lowe signed on loan from Derby

I see a few other players have been signed 'on borrow'.
    Loans are all very well and good in moderation and under the correct circumstances
    But Are you honestly saying that you see nothing wrong in us taking a player on loan from Timothy or any other team in the same league as us or are you just on the wind up
    if you genuinely think it is good and the way forward for Aberdeen then I am seriously stumped for words.
    Words fail me that any of our fans see no wrong in loaning a player from any team in the same league, shows fk all ambition from the club and fans supportive of this pesh need to ask themselves do they really want Aberdeen to move on from where we are or are have you just accepted the fact we have gone as far as we can go

fkn unbelievable

Page 182 of 209 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast