+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 199 of 209 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    1. We have left our (injury-prone) squad very thin on the ground.
    This is the key point for me. If we had a fully fit squad then our first team and their replacements would look something like this

Lewis (Cerny)

Logan (Hoban)
    Devlin (Hoban)
    McKenna (Considine)
    Lowe (Considine)

Shinnie (Ball)
    Ferguson (Gleeson)

McGinn (McLennan)
    Stewart (May)
    GMS (Ross)

Cosgrove (Wilson)

Whilst that first team looks kinda okay it completely ignores (a) injuries and suspensions and (b) all replacements are sizeable downgrades on the first choice player. This "wing and a prayer" approach will end up in tears I'm afraid. For instance on Saturday or next Wednesday what happens if Hoban goes off injured (Ball to CB is not an inspiring thought up against Morelos). How many games this season have we had less than 3 players injured/suspended - not many I bet.

Whilst I am perfectly okay with each of the five players who have left we clearly have some of or budget left unspent, which given the fingers crossed approach we have adopted, is so unnecessary, even if it meant another loan or two coming in (but not from celtic)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Why do you lot call rangers “sevco“ but you Call pacific shelf “Celtic”

Double standards min, furry boots are you going to watch yer fitbaw min, pittodrie ir pirkheid min. Jings!

Mongo isn’t a nice word min, don’t offend half your ain clubs fans min, jings

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

Lewis (Cerny)

Logan (Hoban)
    Devlin (Hoban)
    McKenna (Considine)
    Lowe (Considine)

Shinnie (Ball)
    Ferguson (Gleeson)

McGinn (McLennan)
    Stewart (May)
    GMS (Ross)

Cosgrove (Wilson)

McGinn (McLennan)
    Stewart (May)
    GMS (Ross)
    That's the bit that worries me a bit

(Wilson) and this

We are still short of two decent signings. .Could really have done with a midfielder and a defender in the summer and now yet here we are.

This window was not a total disaster but we cant afford a glut of injuries in a oner or we could be goosed. We really need Cossie to keep up his form too

The depth is definitely nae great

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Whilst that first team looks kinda okay it completely ignores (a) injuries and suspensions and (b) all replacements are sizeable downgrades on the first choice player. This "wing and a prayer" approach will end up in tears I'm afraid. F (but not from celtic)
    It's a good point and a bit worrying when you see the squad like that. Plus the uncertainty over GMS's immediate future too. Dean Campbell is missing from your list of options though...

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Mongo isn’t a nice word min, don’t offend half your ain clubs fans min, jings
    You're right, mongo isn't nice.

Drop dead you f*****g scummy, horrible, hun b@stard.

That better?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Young players that have hardly played for us but everyone else that gets loaned out usually don't last. Pawlett, Goodwillie, Tansey off the top of my head.
    Anderson has hardly played for us,Reynolds will be on his way out and Wright might be unless he does really well at Dundee,if he is in and out of the Dundee team he hasn’t got much chance of making it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Anderson has hardly played for us,Reynolds will be on his way out and Wright might be unless he does really well at Dundee,if he is in and out of the Dundee team he hasn’t got much chance of making it with us.
    I know that but I just can't see him getting the time that Cosgrove did

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I know that but I just can't see him getting the time that Cosgrove did
    Cosgrove will be sold in the summer to some championship team for £2 million and Anderson will come back as the main striker next season after scoring 14 goals in 14 games for Dunfermline

McInnes is saying we spent all of our budget which doesn’t really make sense considering he was trying to get Morgan on loan.

Someone can/will correct me if I’m wrong here but since last summer the players brought in and let go are,

Forrester £200k,Ferguson £250k,Gleeson free,Cerny free,Ball loan,Hoban loan,Wilson loan,Lowe loan,Stewart loan.

Rooney £350k,Arnason free,Tansey free,Forrester free,Maynard free,O’Conner free,Rogers loan,Wright loan,Anderson loan,Reynolds loan.

Plus the £600k dna money,plus the £150k sell on fee for Stockley and I believe we got maybe £100k for Arnason playing at the World Cup.

So that’s about £450k spent on players and £1.2 million from players sold and fans money,unless of course the money has been blown on loan signings but then surely we have received money for the players we have out on loan.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...r-13941123.amp

Page 199 of 209 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast