+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

May out on loan to St Johnstone with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

Christie in on a permanent deal

Forrester, Tansey and Gleason all off-ski

Ben Hennigan in to replace McKenna

For starters.......

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post

Ben Hennigan in to replace McKenna
    Absolutely, I've touted him before.
    Think we could do a deal as well as he was transfer listed by Sheffield United.
    He is on a year long loan at Blackpool, but not sure if he has featured much or if that rules him out before a transfer in the summer.

That said, isn't he a right sided centre half.

Whatever happens, we need an effective window.

We've had, what, three, four stinkers in a row.

Out: Forrester, Gleeson, Tansey, Hoban, Cosgrove, May, Wilson (if he gets injured even just once more!)
    In: a Striker (Moult / Boyce type player), a couple of creative attacking midfielders (Christie, Allen, McLean type)

I McKenna leaves and we take in several million for him, it'll make no difference to who we bring in - we're not going to splash out big bucks and ruin our wage structure and there's likely no big names who'd be interested in signing anyway. I'd use it to snap up a couple of the better players from other Scottish clubs similar to Shinnie, Devlin signings and one or two promising youngsters similar to Ferguson signing)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Out: Forrester, Gleeson, Tansey, Hoban, Cosgrove, May, Wilson (if he gets injured even just once more!)
    In: a Striker (Moult / Boyce type player), a couple of creative attacking midfielders (Christie, Allen, McLean type)

I McKenna leaves and we take in several million for him, it'll make no difference to who we bring in - we're not going to splash out big bucks and ruin our wage structure and there's likely no big names who'd be interested in signing anyway. I'd use it to snap up a couple of the better players from other Scottish clubs similar to Shinnie, Devlin signings and one or two promising youngsters similar to Ferguson signing)
    Good shout.
    I'd expect if we took in circa the £7M touted in the summer, we should be prepared to spend £500k on a replacement.
    That should get a decent centre half for the Scottish League
    I'm sure the likes of Heneghan would fall into that category, we may even get cheaper given he was transfer listed.

Who would be the youngsters you would give a shout for?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Whatever happens, we need an effective window.

We've had, what, three, four stinkers in a row.
    I’m genuinely only concerned about Sunday f ucking teatime, with luck we can beat that new club, after that the chairthing better grow a set and invest accordingly.......SAF was trusted by Mr Donald and Mr Anderson to produce on the field......f uck the cheaply built “flats/houses ” and being the richest man buried in Alford .......3 years ago we had a genuine chance of being the league winners......obviously we did not, however, any investment would have been prudent as we topped the league on New Years Day as another “window” opened.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I’m genuinely only concerned about Sunday f ucking teatime, with luck we can beat that new club, after that the chairthing better grow a set and invest accordingly.......SAF was trusted by Mr Donald and Mr Anderson to produce on the field......f uck the cheaply built “flats/houses ” and being the richest man buried in Alford .......3 years ago we had a genuine chance of being the league winners......obviously we did not, however, any investment would have been prudent as we topped the league on New Years Day as another “window” opened.

SF
    Was that not the window that we signed Kenny McLean for £300K in ?

I don't want Mcinnes getting any money to spend. He can't be trusted. The next manager is going to have a nightmare clearing up his mess.

All the money will get pumped into Milne's Masonic Megadrome anyway.

We will be so far behind in January If we keep regressing at the astronomical rate we are and it really wont matter who we sign, if anyone wants to sign for a bottom six club that is

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Was that not the window that we signed Kenny McLean for £300K in ?
    Up until the Hayes money, £175,000 for McLean was the only money sanctioned by our chairthing......the title was there to be won and due to loan deals/injuries we did not do it.....if indeed you are content with that investment.....so be f ucking it.

SF

Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast