+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Not really a time for childish name calling.
    Indeed it is not, perhaps that was lost on you??.......anyway, just left The Marine......away to B&Q to get some glue and then the Beastie for a couple of glasses of decent Malbec.......well, it will be red !!

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Heard the HereWeGo podcast boys talking about Kamara from the Jutes to replace Shinnie - fair shout. Alternatively, Dicker or Power from Kilmarnock.

As mentioned on this thread, Shinnie and GMS are replaceable so no need to cry.
    I think this will be similar case to Kenny McLean leaving - everyone's immediate reaction is he'll be easy to replace, but when it comes to it any new signing carries a measure of risk - will they settle in, will they maintain the form from a previous club at a new club etc. Kamara and Power etc are decent SPL players, but so was Tansey. Gleeson has caps for Rep Ireland. Both of them have been hopeless for us, so you just never know.

GMS will not be easy to replace either. Youngsters coming in and making an impression are all very well, but GMS is a top player at this level with international caps, who was one of the main reasons our start to the season wasn't even worse than it actually was.

Replacing Lowe at LB is the big challenge though - he has made a huge difference. I'd take Wallace if he's available.

Also who's going to be captain when Shinnie and McKenna leave? Devlin is obvious choice, but with his injury record there's a chance he'll be on the treatment table more than on the park. The only other player who even vaguely resembles a captain in our team is Ferguson and he's only 19!

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Great so if we go 10 years with no trophies you can always say but I remember the feeling of beating Livingston in a midweek game
    I don’t need to be a glory hunter to support the team.
    I can recall many games we’ve won, putting a great reflection on the weekend without winning a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Mourinho win % 58.2 and 3 trophies

Klopp win % 54.7 and 0 trophies

Pochettino win 56.4 and 0 trophies
    Fair enough, he had a great start.
    What’s his ratio this season. The rate they were going his win ratio would have been tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don’t need to be a glory hunter to support the team.
    I can recall many games we’ve won, putting a great reflection on the weekend without winning a trophy.
    You’ve got me I’m a glory hunting Aberdeen fan.

Fair enough, he had a great start.
    What’s his ratio this season. The rate they were going his win ratio would have been tanking.
    McInnes must be dropping too as he has dropped 21 points already this season and its not even Christmas.

McInnes must be dropping too as he has dropped 21 points already this season and its not even Christmas.
    I would have thought your point regarding Mourinho was to defend McInnes

We shall drop no more points as we are going to win this damn league by playing 2 up front. When we revert back to one up top the points will drop.
    Hearts is generally a tricky match so this is a good test for the team set up today. Hope we do the business and go similar against Celtic in the next match.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 22-12-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Maybe for those that don’t partake in the the event.
    Leaving the ground having come back like we did against Livi, thrashing Dundee or going to a tough game like Hearts all mean something to this supporter.
    Nothing better than leaving the ground on a good feeling.
    Your subjectivity disgusts me.

Mourinho win % 58.2 and 3 trophies

Klopp win % 54.7 and 0 trophies

Pochettino win 56.4 and 0 trophies
    Your point?
    McWinless has a better ratio than all of those, admittedly he’s only got to polish one trophy with us, you never know he might get to polish more.

SF

Page 25 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast