+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We will be so far behind in January If we keep regressing at the astronomical rate we are and it really wont matter who we sign, if anyone wants to sign for a bottom six club that is
    I agree we will be further behind in the league, jeez we are already between 5 and 10 points behind our main rivals after only 9 games, goodness knows what the gap will be after 21 games at the winter break. Having said that if we can keep Devlin and Lowe at the break then our defense is in good shape so if we can add a goalscoring forward and a creative midfielder in January (easier said than done I know) then I would definitely do that for two reasons - there is still the Scottish Cup to play for and also it gives new players the rest of the season to bed in so that hopefully we are better placed at the start of next season instead of waiting to August 31 to make a couple of panic buys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    ISAF was trusted by Mr Donald and Mr Anderson to produce on the field
    Was he?
    I thought the story goes that SAF reached out to Dick Donald for investment and was redirected to the youth, hence Black, Simmie, Cooper etc

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Was he?
    I thought the story goes that SAF reached out to Dick Donald for investment and was redirected to the youth, hence Black, Simmie, Cooper etc
    We paid over £300K for Peter Weir alone. What was that as a percentage of our turnover in 1981 I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    We paid over £300K for Peter Weir alone. What was that as a percentage of our turnover in 1981 I wonder?
    Good point.
    But then I'm not convinced that investing heavily in one player is enough.
    Look at Paul Bernard, we are the only Scottish team outside the cheeks that spent over £1M on a player yet it never won us the league.
    We did get a League Cup mind you

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Good point.
    But then I'm not convinced that investing heavily in one player is enough.
    Look at Paul Bernard, we are the only Scottish team outside the cheeks that spent over £1M on a player yet it never won us the league.
    We did get a League Cup mind you
    Yeah Roy aikten has won the same as our lord saviour Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't want Mcinnes getting any money to spend. He can't be trusted. The next manager is going to have a nightmare clearing up his mess.

All the money will get pumped into Milne's Masonic Megadrome anyway.
    Totally agree... McInness should not be given a penny to spend, he will only waste the limited resources we have.

Was it not the case that during the 2007/2008 January transfer window, when we were still in Europe (with Bayern Munich drawn), still in the League Cup (with a semi at Tynecastle against United), and obviously still in the Scottish and Milne treated us to a kid from Middlesbrough and Alan f@cking Maybury whilst we lost about three first team players...

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    Totally agree... McInness should not be given a penny to spend, he will only waste the limited resources we have.
    That’s harsh.
    The £600k spent on May & Forrester May come good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That’s harsh.
    The £600k spent on May & Forrester May come good.
    Haha.... This is true, however it will take a change in manager and tactics for that to happen.

I’d tell McInnes to play Campbell, McLennan, Anderson, Ross x 3 & Wright And if he can’t do that then he knows where the door is.

Page 3 of 209 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast