+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 209 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Eating cod is eating worms, pure and simple.

I'm sticking to the chablis but will give the worms and chips a miss.
    Some cod are completely worm-free - it really depends on where they are caught. If caught inshore, close to seal colonies, they tend to be wormy as they eat seals sh*** which contains the worm parasite. Holding the fresh fillet up to the light will reveal any worms and they can be picked out but are harmless to eat. Cod caught further from the shore are best. I tend to prefer Haddock though but the best fish in the sea is Halibut. Talking of parasites, Newco seem to be making a few signings!

The Huns might have made a few signings but Jones and Kamara will be lost playing there imo.

Get Joe Shaughnessy signed up.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 05-01-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The Huns might have made a few signings but Jones and Kamara will be lost playing there imo.

Those signings should put the Shinnie and GMS rumours to bed finally at least.

Decent players, but nothing to get worried about there.

The worry is the usual deafening silence - apart from the Alford Neeps usual tedious “no bottomless pit of money” quotes and the manager staying the bleeding obvious about guffland riches.

There are players out there right now (some being referenced for other clubs) who will improve us and we can get so I hope to f’uck we’ll be seeing something soon.

Not signing (or at least making a genuine attempt to sign) Scott Allan for example would be nothing less than a dereliction of duty by all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We are lucky every other team has regressed.
    Its got nothing to do with luck at all. As Red Zone pointed out, we're only 3 pts worse off than we were this time last season and we're on course to get over 70 pts just like we've managed to achieve during the last 4 seasons.

If you think we've regressed so much then how did we get on in the League Cup last season ?

If we'd got a pen for the blatant foul on Ferguson at Easter Rd and if Devlin had stayed on against Killie there's a chance we could be sitting top now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Agreed on all points...With regards the two new Huns you mentioned, I was thinking exactly the same when I was reading the delusional stuff on SwallowSwallow (I can't help myself, they are so unwittingly funny and gullible). The 1-0 victory for Sevco has got them all convinced the League Title is theirs, and its been further enhanced by their recent signings. We'll see but my gut feeling is that only Davis will improve them and he's in the twilight of his career. I wonder how much money they're paying for Daniel Defoe during the loan spell...

Aye, get big Joe back into the fold...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Those signings should put the Shinnie and GMS rumours to bed finally at least.

Decent players, but nothing to get worried about there.

The worry is the usual deafening silence - apart from the Alford Neeps usual tedious “no bottomless pit of money” quotes and the manager staying the bleeding obvious about guffland riches.

There are players out there right now (some being referenced for other clubs) who will improve us and we can get so I hope to f’uck we’ll be seeing something soon.

Not signing (or at least making a genuine attempt to sign) Scott Allan for example would be nothing less than a dereliction of duty by all concerned.
    Aye, I would've thought Scott Allan would improve us if Septic are willing to sell and not loan

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, I would've thought Scott Allan would improve us if Septic are willing to sell and not loan
    Don’t get the love for Scott Allan at all.

Scott Allan not a DM player so no chance of that happening. Lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    What about if signing Hayes meant we stopped developing Connor McLennan for example?
    Hayes is 31, had a broken leg & hardly played.
    It’s a no from me.
    As for the suggestion of playing him left back, call me old fashioned but I’d rather we signed a left back.

I like Taylor at Killie but may be too much money.
    Yeah that's a fair point... but you could say the same about signing anyone... what if we sign any winger and it means McLennan doesn't get as many games, or if we sign another striker and it pushes Anderson further down the pecking order etc. I suppose the manager needs to get the right blend of experience and youth in the team. Currently it's not bad. Young players will probably develop better by training and playing alongside better experienced players, providing they still get game time.

I'm not saying I'd necessarily target Hayes though, just that I would be happy enough if we did get him, as I think he's a proven player at this level who is likely to be better than the vast majority of realistic options.

Scott Allen would offer something different, but in the current 442 formation i'm not sure he'd really fit in. His attitude seems to be questionable too, although that might be partly down to the fact he's got next to no chance of ever getting a game at Celtic.

There's absolutely no chance Celtic are giving any of their players to us for free. None.

Page 55 of 209 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast