+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Don’t get the love for Scott Allan at all.
    It’s pretty simple. Allan is proven at this level and is a player with vision, skill, passing ability & creativity. All qualities sadly lacking in our midfield.

Yes, he’s a gamble - what Aberdeen signing isn’t? - but if we got the player Hibs had we’ve won a watch. It’s Del Boys job to get the best out of him.

I’d rather take a punt on Allan than Gauld and if Hibs do sign him surely that’s good for us.

Put it another way, if you can suggest another better realistic target for us for that creative number 10 role I’m all ears.

If not, you’ve answered your own question...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    What lucky breaks have we had this season ?

If we're playing as murder as you're insinuating we wouldn't have managed to pick up 39 points in the league and knock out Hibs and Sevco in the League Cup. We had good performances in the league wins against Sevco (a), Hibs (h) and Hearts (h). Do you class those 3 sides as pish ?

I wouldn't say our squad is any poorer than in the last few seasons. The likes of Anderson, McLennan, Campbell and Gleeson have proved they can make a difference when called upon.

We're actually 4 critical players short at the moment. You didn't mention Logan whose been a liability for the last couple of seasons, hopefully Hoban will be fit sometime soon.
    Ill give you sevco which was a very good result. Hearts and hibs are clearly pish though

Hibs cup game was riddiculous viewing. I cant remember seeing a team be so bad and mink through on pens in the way we did. The amount of chances hibs spurned was incredible. The rub of the green was on our side

Sevco semi. They were missing their two best strikers and funnily enough spurned chances galore. Morelos who is a f@ckng horrible c@nt is a very good player. The fact he wasnt playing was again fortune on our part

I forgot about Logan he is a liability. Wind up the tims, good man but back it up with performances

Can i ask you. What games have you enjoyed watching. As in where we have played good football on the eye.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 06-01-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    It’s pretty simple. Allan is proven at this level and is a player with vision, skill, passing ability & creativity. All qualities sadly lacking in our midfield.

Yes, he’s a gamble - what Aberdeen signing isn’t? - but if we got the player Hibs had we’ve won a watch. It’s Del Boys job to get the best out of him.

I’d rather take a punt on Allan than Gauld and if Hibs do sign him surely that’s good for us.

Put it another way, if you can suggest another better realistic target for us for that creative number 10 role I’m all ears.

Allen can play a bit, times I've seen him I always reckoned he flattered to deceive.

But he's always struck me as a bit of a Charlie Big-Spuds, as soon as he gets quoted he's after the "big" move.

Maybe he's matured a bit now and Del could get a tune out of him, it'd be a gamble but gambles are where we're at.

I wonder if Allen and Moult could become this generation's Frank McGarvey and Robert Fleck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    What lucky breaks have we had .
    Of the top of my head. Hearts could have had two pens against us at home a few weeks back

There have been more. Ill get my thinking cap on

Allan is about 27 or something like that now I think - his next move is crucial - he needs to go somewhere that he'll play every week and be able to make an impression. If we persevere with 442 I don't think he'd be in our starting line up. He'd end up on the bench, coming on in games where we're struggling - probably coming on for a striker allowing us to swap formation to 4231 where he'd play as a no10. I do think he's a decent player on his day and if we're playing 4231 he would fit in nicely, but it probably depends on what McInnes is thinking about formation wise. We've actually been better since we switched to a 442 this season (albeit you could argue that May is dropping deeper anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ill give you sevco which was a very good result. Hearts and hibs are clearly pish though

Hibs cup game was riddiculous viewing. I cant remember seeing a team be so bad and mink through on pens in the way we did. The amount of chances hibs spurned was incredible. The rub of the green was on our side

Sevco semi. They were missing their two best strikers and funnily enough spurned chances galore. Morelos who is a f@ckng horrible c@nt is a very good player. The fact he wasnt playing was again fortune on our part

I forgot about Logan he is a liability. Wind up the tims, good man but back it up with performances

Can i ask you. What games have you enjoyed watching. As in where we have played good football on the eye.
    I don’t think Logan is as much of a liability as some people make out.

He makes mistakes but so does Considine, the difference between them is when Considine makes a mistake people try to blame every other player,the 3rd man or the conditions.

Agreed. You need a player who has that little bit of class. Aberdeen might be a good fit for Allan. I would take a plunge on him but only if he is played in a free role. If he is playing to directions and only shuttling from a to b he is no use to us. I'm not sure DM likes a free spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t think Logan is as much of a liability as some people make out.

He makes mistakes but so does Considine, the difference between them is when Considine makes a mistake people try to blame every other player,the 3rd man or the conditions.
    People may think this is controversial but McKenna is not exempt from being sh@te at times either

Hes very raw. Has cost a few

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Allan is about 27 or something like that now I think - his next move is crucial - he needs to go somewhere that he'll play every week and be able to make an impression. If we persevere with 442 I don't think he'd be in our starting line up. He'd end up on the bench, coming on in games where we're struggling - probably coming on for a striker allowing us to swap formation to 4231 where he'd play as a no10. I do think he's a decent player on his day and if we're playing 4231 he would fit in nicely, but it probably depends on what McInnes is thinking about formation wise. We've actually been better since we switched to a 442 this season (albeit you could argue that May is dropping deeper anyway).
    Playing the 4-2-3-1 formation was the reason we were playing absolute dreadful football. Hopefully we don’t go back to that any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    People may think this is controversial but McKenna is not exempt from being sh@te at times either

Hes very raw. Has cost a few
    Yes that’s true but a 22 year old defender who hasn’t played 100 games yet is always going to make mistakes.

A 31 year old who has made nearly 500 appearances shouldn’t be making as much as him.

Page 60 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast