+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes that’s true but a 22 year old defender who hasn’t played 100 games yet is always going to make mistakes.

A 31 year old who has made nearly 500 appearances shouldn’t be making as much as him.
    Im not doubting he is good. More just pointing out his rawness has shown (Celtic and St Johnstone, i think recently). His mistakes go under the radar.

He will be immense with another chunk of games under his belt. 22 isnt a baby though. I thought he looked awful v the pigs. Albeit via highlights

Ive given up slating the 31 year old. After the Sevcove friendly he should never have worn the strip. Ragdolled at times by HFL players then took it out on Jordan Brown with an assault

Devlin to become captain if/when Shinnie leaves even if McKenna stays.

For what we can afford, Allan is probably the best we can hope for as a number 10 unless our scouting team down south has spotted the next Maddison aged about 19 at an EFL2 side or non league. With 6 months to go on his contract at the Dhims you would imagine £50-100k max would secure his services unless Hivs want him as well as Gauld, in which case a bidding war could ensue.

I believe he is the lowest paid in the Celtic squad on a measly £4k/week. We would certainly have to at least match that to get him in as he could easily get that at a Peterborough or a Doncaster down south. Really thought we would have moved early on this one so he could have joined the Dubai trip but now expect it to be a last minute thing as per DM usual

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ill give you sevco which was a very good result. Hearts and hibs are clearly pish though

Hibs cup game was riddiculous viewing. I cant remember seeing a team be so bad and mink through on pens in the way we did. The amount of chances hibs spurned was incredible. The rub of the green was on our side

Sevco semi. They were missing their two best strikers and funnily enough spurned chances galore. Morelos who is a f@ckng horrible c@nt is a very good player. The fact he wasnt playing was again fortune on our part

I forgot about Logan he is a liability. Wind up the tims, good man but back it up with performances

Can i ask you. What games have you enjoyed watching. As in where we have played good football on the eye.
    With McKenna, Devlin and Lewis we're able to soak up loads of pressure like we proved against Hibs and Sevco. Hibs had ran out of ideas by the end of 2nd half, we did play a bit better in extra-time. Sevco had their 2 best strikers available in the match at Iprix and we still fvcked them. Those 2 minks did nothing but foul the whole night.

The annoying part about earlier on the season is that we hoofed it long to Cosgrove far too much, he's proved in the last few weeks that he can be dangerous when he gets ba's played into his feet. Changing to 4-4-2 has made a big difference. I don't why it took DM so long to change it, especially with us not having a proper no.10 type player.

When we kept on the deck we did play well in spells in both Burnley matches, St Mirren(h) twice, St J(a) in the 2nd half, Sevco(a), Hamilton(h), Jutes(h), Hibs(h), Hearts(h) and both games against Livi.

Of the top of my head. Hearts could have had two pens against us at home a few weeks back

There have been more. Ill get my thinking cap on
    That was the worst refereeing display I've seen all season.

We had a goal disallowed for fvckall.
    That tink Naismith should've had a straight red for his stamp on Ferguson.
    Berra and that long haired cvnt both could've been off for persistant fouling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    With McKenna, Devlin and Lewis we're able to soak up loads of pressure like we proved against Hibs and Sevco. Hibs had ran out of ideas by the end of 2nd half, we did play a bit better in extra-time. Sevco had their 2 best strikers available in the match at Iprix and we still fvcked them. Those 2 minks did nothing but foul the whole night.

The annoying part about earlier on the season is that we hoofed it long to Cosgrove far too much, he's proved in the last few weeks that he can be dangerous when he gets ba's played into his feet. Changing to 4-4-2 has made a big difference. I don't why it took DM so long to change it, especially with us not having a proper no.10 type player.

When we kept on the deck we did play well in spells in both Burnley matches, St Mirren(h) twice, St J(a) in the 2nd half, Sevco(a), Hamilton(h), Jutes(h), Hibs(h), Hearts(h) and both games against Livi.
    I think McLennan is a totally new dimension. Give him the ball and hes dangerous. Means keeping the ball on the ground as you say

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes that’s true but a 22 year old defender who hasn’t played 100 games yet is always going to make mistakes.

A 31 year old who has made nearly 500 appearances shouldn’t be making as much as him.
    That's why McKenna shouldn't be captain just yet (if he stays) and the same for Devlin and Ferguson. It needs to be someone who doesn't make mistakes. Those boys are still learning. It's a tough task being captain.

I think McLennan is a totally new dimension. Give him the ball and hes dangerous. Means keeping the ball on the ground as you say
    Getting an attacking midfielder as good as Maddison or Christie would also help us keep on the ground. I haven't seen enough of Gauld or Allan recently to know if any of them are the answer. Another option would be to sign a right winger and move Niall into the middle.

Ill give you sevco which was a very good result. Hearts and hibs are clearly pish though

Hibs cup game was riddiculous viewing. I cant remember seeing a team be so bad and mink through on pens in the way we did. The amount of chances hibs spurned was incredible. The rub of the green was on our side

Sevco semi. They were missing their two best strikers and funnily enough spurned chances galore. Morelos who is a f@ckng horrible c@nt is a very good player. The fact he wasnt playing was again fortune on our part

I forgot about Logan he is a liability. Wind up the tims, good man but back it up with performances

Can i ask you. What games have you enjoyed watching. As in where we have played good football on the eye.
    Morelos and Lafferty played against us at Ibrox a couple of weeks later and yet we still won. You can't say we won the semi because two of their best players weren't playing, otherwise you could say we'd have won the LC if Devlin was playing.

Edit...sorry Mr_Grieves just read your post.
    Last edited by dons8321; 06-01-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Morelos and Lafferty played against us at Ibrox a couple of weeks later and yet we still won. You can't say we won the semi because two of their best players weren't playing, otherwise you could say we'd have won the LC if Devlin was playing.
    They spurned a hell of alot more chance in the semi though. So we nulified them more at Ibrox so i think its a valid point

But its great to see we can go there and stop them to an extent. Sign of progression.

I still say if we had been better transfer wise, better tactically for the first four months then who knows. We werent though and it has cost us. We are not a great team. We are half way through amd we really need to pick up our sh@t a bit as the second half of the season is going to be tough. We need a good transfer window or its curtains

Sevco an splashing cash(whether they have it or not) and want to nip 10 in a row in the bud and going by the pigs form they see an opportunity

We should show ambition. We have been poor but stillnin the mix. Lets go for it
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 06-01-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Another McKenna mistake was Livi. Thats a few recently
    Must have been the third man

Page 61 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast