+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's why McKenna shouldn't be captain just yet (if he stays) and the same for Devlin and Ferguson. It needs to be someone who doesn't make mistakes. Those boys are still learning. It's a tough task being captain.
    Agree that Devlin Shouldn't be captain - no point having a captain who is out injured half the time. Mind when Hartley was captain? Total waste of time as we invariably ended up with stand-ins whilst he was out injured.

Ferguson is too young and I've a sneaking suspicion he'll be offski within the next 18 months, hopefully not to who I expect..

That's why McKenna shouldn't be captain just yet (if he stays) and the same for Devlin and Ferguson. It needs to be someone who doesn't make mistakes. Those boys are still learning. It's a tough task being captain.
    Then who would be captain?

Even Lewis is prone to mistakes.

I think if Shinnie leaves it will be Devlin.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

The St Johnstone captain.

If not him then we should try and get someone experienced.

Could be Joe Lewis. Never really a fan of a goalkeeper being captain, but he certainly would be the most experienced (or Considine?).

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Playing the 4-2-3-1 formation was the reason we were playing absolute dreadful football. Hopefully we don’t go back to that any time soon.
    Yeah I agree, but mainly because we were playing 4231 with a target man, just lumping the ball forward. We played 4231 previously with Hayes and McGinn wide and Rooney up top and played decent football. So it's not so much the formation but the style that accompanied it. We've played much better, more effective football with 442. I just don't see where a player like Allen or Gauld would fit into that shape. Neither of them have the defensive qualities required - you need two central midfielders who can go box to box, unless you try some kind of diamond with one player sitting and one forward, which is basically more like 4132.

The St Johnstone captain.

If not him then we should try and get someone experienced.
    I can’t say for sure because I don’t watch St Johnstone every week but I’m confident Shaughnessy makes his fair share of errors.

He certainly did when he was when he was with us.

Any player that plays for the once michty is not immune to mistakes, if they were they would not be plying their trade in the backwater of the SPFL earning weekly what they would be paying tax on a week’s wage in the third tier down South, age/ability is indeed important, however, leadership is paramount and Mikey D/Lewis tick that box.

SF

For me the next captain should be Joe Lewis. Devlin hasn't been at the club long enough and has yet to prove himself over an extended period.

I can’t say for sure because I don’t watch St Johnstone every week but I’m confident Shaughnessy makes his fair share of errors.

He certainly did when he was when he was with us.
    Bit harsh, he was only 21 when he left was he not?

Being a captain can be a hinderance to a players development. Definitely shouldn't be Ferguson and I'm not sure it'll help Devlin.

Ideally we would get someone else in with all that DNA and McKenna money.

Bit harsh, he was only 21 when he left was he not?

Being a captain can be a hinderance to a players development. Definitely shouldn't be Ferguson and I'm not sure it'll help Devlin.

Ideally we would get someone else in with all that DNA and McKenna money.
    Yes he was young when he was with us,I was meaning more in his time at St Johnstone,I’m sure he has made some mistakes considering they have conceded the same amount of goals as we have.

As many have pointed out on here Shinnie has made his fair share of errors too,Willie Miller said in one of his books a good captain was someone who could be having a really shyte game and still have the character to tell others they were playing shyte as well.

Not that Miller had many bad games for us I suppose.

Page 62 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast