+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'll take any win in a final but that season but we were generally ultra cautious and that's why we finished 3rd. We had the chance to relegate Hearts at Tynecastle and we didn't because we were negative. That's a travesty.
    I can see what you are saying in regards to McInnes and his ultra cautious game management style but I would be very surprised if there is a manager we could realistically get who is going to go all out attack,the Scottish managers especially all have the same philosophy as McInnes.

You could argue that someone like Clarke would have better players at his disposal and change his attitude but the guys who wanted McGhee in as manager 10 years ago claimed he was going to bring an attack minded philosophy to the team and he done anything but.

Thought it was only me that remembered McGhee?

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I was under the impression that O'Halloran had a bit of an attitude?

Not sure where I heard that from, maybe just "whispers" but I can't see McInnes signing a known trouble maker/poor attitude player.

Certainly a signing that doesn't excite me.

I'd rather take Hayes back!
    As long as it wasn't your "reliable" source that told you. I'd avoid them in the future.

His attitude was fine at St Johnstone. Not sure what happened at Sevco but the club was a basket case. When he went back their on loan he scored a few goals and his record was good prior to that.

Everyone talks about budgets and how we can compete...zzzz...so I'm not sure why we would be disappointed at signing someone like him for free. Shirely it's the market we are in?

As for Hayes, my reliable source has always said he's fucked but either way he thinks he's in with a shout at Celtic and he's just bought a new house so I doubt he's thinking he's going anywhere soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

As for Hayes, my reliable source has always said he's fucked but either way he thinks he's in with a shout at Celtic and he's just bought a new house so I doubt he's thinking he's going anywhere soon.
    Its interesting that Brenda has said on loads of occasions that his squad is too top heavy, and that he needs to shed more than a good few players. Yet he's brought in 3 already with more to follow, and binned naebody so far.

Be amazed if Hayes sees out January with the Tims, new hoose or no new hoose....

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Its interesting that Brenda has said on loads of occasions that his squad is too top heavy, and that he needs to shed more than a good few players. Yet he's brought in 3 already with more to follow, and binned naebody so far.

Be amazed if Hayes sees out January with the Tims, new hoose or no new hoose....
    Can't see them releasing him though. Especially if it means he comes back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    i agree, it was a dull, turgid, frustrating game, not helped by losing two of our most creative players.
    We were pretty lethal in the penalty kicks
    Conversely, after I've mentioned the need for a winner's mentality to get us over the line to silverware, it isn't our solitary cup win under McInnes that gave me reasons to believe that we can compete for honours in Scotland but another big game defeat.

The 2017 Scottish Cup Final, with both clubs desperate to win, was a toe-to-toe battle that brought memories of the four League Cup Finals between us and the deid club between 1987 & 1992. Yes, we ended as runners up in 3 out of the 4 but each match could've went either way.

Fast-forward to 2017, and again we left Hampden second best but I wasn't disappointed at the manner of the defeat like I had been at the League Cup Final a few months earlier. Fans will point the finger of blame at certain individuals for the loss but I think this is what McInnes meant by "ways to lose". However, you want the club to take the pain of that defeat and use it as a catalyst for success but unfortunately it hasn't transpired that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Thought it was only me that remembered McGhee?
    The best manager Celtic never had if his self agrandising press conference was to be believed. The mere mention of his name still sends a shudder down my spine.

Having listened to DM’s Red TV interview today, he was asked about “incomings”.

He didn’t exactly sound upbeat or hugely confident.

“We’re looking”, “we’ll do our best” was it.
    I know he’s cagey, but didn’t exactly make it sound like anything was on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Having listened to DM’s Red TV interview today, he was asked about “incomings”.

He didn’t exactly sound upbeat or hugely confident.

“We’re looking”, “we’ll do our best” was it.
    I know he’s cagey, but didn’t exactly make it sound like anything was on the cards.
    But remember he "works two transfer windows ahead"

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I'd rather take Hayes back!
    Why?

Page 79 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast