+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 92 of 209 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Looks like Brum will hold out until the end of the window to get as much as they can for him.

Great signing if we did get him, he's looks a lot more sharper at Killie than he ever was with us.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We won’t be buying Greg Stewart
    I tend to agree with this assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The bit I find hardest to believe in it is that it's only £15m being banded about, considering the amounts they spend on lesser proven players. This guy has created more goals than anyone else in their league, and chipped in with scoring a few too, whilst playing for a fairly mediocre team, plus he's still only 24. If he was English / Spanish / Italian / Brazilian the price would be double that.
    Exactly. So Bournemouth pay £19m for Solanke who’s hardly played a minute in that league, but would sell one of their best, most creative attacking players - fully proven now at EPL level - for £15m.

Aye, ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Yer usual blethers min. Twice the player Logan is .
    Who mentioned Logan? I've said Lowe is OK, but not a superstar by any means. The red tinted glasses are full on with many

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I tend to agree with this assessment
    I'm not sure if we'll sign him, but I just wonder where he would fit into the team if we're persevering with the 442 (which I probably would as it's worked well). He would maybe do pretty well in place of Stevie May, playing just off a main striker (who would likely be Cosgrove). Playing him anywhere else would be a waste - ie putting him on the wing as we did when he was here last time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Exactly. So Bournemouth pay £19m for Solanke who’s hardly played a minute in that league, but would sell one of their best, most creative attacking players - fully proven now at EPL level - for £15m.

Aye, ok...
    That's a good example to back up my point. I suppose Fraser only has 18 months left on his contract, but I've seen thinks banded about regarding players in EPL whose contracts are up in the summer (ie 6 months) who will still cost £10m+ for clubs to sign them in this window if they want them. Insane. Fraser should be worth £30m+ in the current, ridiculous transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    That's a good example to back up my point. I suppose Fraser only has 18 months left on his contract, but I've seen thinks banded about regarding players in EPL whose contracts are up in the summer (ie 6 months) who will still cost £10m+ for clubs to sign them in this window if they want them. Insane. Fraser should be worth £30m+ in the current, ridiculous transfer market.
    Whilst I would agree in the inflated EPL market he should go for higher.
    Maybe he has a release clause that is held from his last contract renewal i.e. reflective of his value then, not now..

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Rumours were we tried to buy him in Summer as second option after Christie but left it too late. Kilmarnock don't have cash for a permanent transfer and Birmingham manager quoted as saying he is not in first team plans.
    I don’t believe McInnes will go back in for a player he didn’t play that often and on top of that pay money for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t believe McInnes will go back in for a player he didn’t play that often and on top of that pay money for him.
    Yup, it wouldn't seem to make much sense. He obviously saw something in Stewart previously to take him up on loan, and the guy is obviously talented, but the fact it didn't work out first time round, makes you wonder why McInnes would try it again, especially if it was going to cost money.

Having said that, McInnes may feel there were particular reasons why it didn't work the first time, and he may feel that the fee is worth the risk, given that it's unlikely we'd find a similar quality player, proven at SPL level, for the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    According the the article the story goes with, we have a 20% sell on clause.
    We definitely have a 20% sell on clause, but why on earth would Bournemouth want to sell?

If we do end up making money on him it should be given straight to manager for transfers. Its like free money, we did nothing to earn it so it should be treated as such.

Yet I fear that tw@t of tw@ts from Alford will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of a few mil that he can spend on his ludicrous vanity project out at Westhill.

Page 92 of 209 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast