+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 87 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Bit harsh I think.
    Lowe was young and learning to be in the Aberdeen team.
    He was immense at defending in the cup final. Forrest did nothing because Lowe marked him out of the game.
    I'll fire back with the Hibs cup match when he was abject. I'm not saying he was ****e because he clearly isn't. His best attribute is he is quick. Needs to learn ti defend and understand the position. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I never got the love in for Max Lowe. He was decent as an attacking outlet, but not much of a defender which is a problem when that's your main priority. I hope we can pick up a proper left back in the window. Hoban, Reynolds not the answer.
    Well he was a hell of a better left back than Considine is or ever was.

I'll fire back with the Hibs cup match when he was abject. I'm not saying he was ****e because he clearly isn't. His best attribute is he is quick. Needs to learn ti defend and understand the position. Time will tell.
    I thought he was good. One of his best attributes was how good he was getting up the park and almost defending from there.

Shame he was only here 6 months though. I'm sure that's the 4th successful loanee that's been recalled.

I never got the love in for Max Lowe. He was decent as an attacking outlet, but not much of a defender which is a problem when that's your main priority. I hope we can pick up a proper left back in the window. Hoban, Reynolds not the answer.
    Id suggest you dont know much about fitba if you didnt rate lowe,i think he will go on to be a premiership player

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Id suggest you dont know much about fitba if you didnt rate lowe,i think he will go on to be a premiership player
    You might want to run that past the Derby fans tonight who saw him getting torn a new one by an 18 year old.

That said, I’d like him back, so it hopefully means we’re not playing Banchory’s finest at LB

I'm not sure how far he'll go - will likely depend on how much opportunity he's given in the next 12 months or so at Derby. I'd say he was as good as any left back in the SPL (with exception of Tierney). Great pace, good control, ability to go past players, threat going forward etc. I thought he was perfectly fine defensively - maybe still learning the positional side of things as he's still a youngster. Got all the attributes required to play at a high level.

He was exactly what we needed in that position, and in the team generally. His arrival and the emergence of McLennan were two of the main reasons we had such a good December. Both quick, direct players on opposite sides of the pitch - made a difference.

Take this with as little or as much salt as you want.

Someone on Twitter claiming McJenna to the Dhims with Hendry, Hayes & cash coming our way.

PS - it wasn’t “Agent Kevin”
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 12-01-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Take this with as little or as much salt as you want.

Someone on Twitter claiming McJenna to the Dhims with Hendry, Hayes & cash coming our way.

PS - it wasn’t “Agent Kevin”
    Or maybe even McKenna

Maybe so. I'm fine sticking with my assessment keeping in mind he is fairly young, but I don't see a top flight defender. he is quick and athletic. Positionally, naive. I never watched the Leeds match and by what's written here he has had a bit of a runaround. Again, I'm not saying he is ****e.

and the club captain to the hun.........any news coming in? Crazy McKenna to go to them, from his and the clubs perspective. If it comes to pass, he'll be a 25M player overnight with a different kit on. Just go to England min.

Page 87 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast