+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 209 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post

The boy Halket at Livi seems solid, young and free in the summer.
    Something about that sentence that sounds a bit queer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Is it though?

I am yet to see any proof of a sell on
    According the the article the story goes with, we have a 20% sell on clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Is it though?

I am yet to see any proof of a sell on
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpton-13849735

Not that I would trust that rag.

Quote Originally Posted by supersneak View Post
    The bit I find hardest to believe in it is that it's only £15m being banded about, considering the amounts they spend on lesser proven players. This guy has created more goals than anyone else in their league, and chipped in with scoring a few too, whilst playing for a fairly mediocre team, plus he's still only 24. If he was English / Spanish / Italian / Brazilian the price would be double that.

For the money grabbers amongst us...imagine he just either runs his contract down or renewed his contract at Bournemouth. Another possibility rather than a move to Southampton or Everton.
    On Scott McKenna...I am very happy no offer has come in for him (during this window) as I want him to stay at our club. I genuinely don’t believe we will receive a huge bid (£10m) for him anyway. If a bid comes in it will be most likely from Celtic at the end of the window.

I honestly thought Burnley might take a punt on McKenna. I know he wasn't great against them in either of the games but it was essentially still pre season when we faced them in the first leg, he's now an established Scotland player and I've watched Burnley a number of times this season. Their left sided centre back is Ben Mee (also their captain) and is absolutely root.

£10million is **** all to an EPL side and with Burnley struggling at the bottom end you would think strengthening their defence would be a priority. McKenna would certainly do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    According the the article the story goes with, we have a 20% sell on clause.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post
    I honestly thought Burnley might take a punt on McKenna.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Swansea show an interest in him again, John McMaster scouts for them.

Can see Mckenna going to a promotion chasing championship team like Leeds instead of direct to the Prem.

Funnily enough, I had a notion Leeds would be up for McKenna too. Not based on any info - just seemed a likely sort of fit, perhaps in summer if they do get promoted.

Seems like the MO for promoted championship teams - buy a hot young prospect from somewhere like Scotland who, in EPL terms, costs buttons. If they go straight down again his wages & transfer fees won't kill them and should he have done well , they can always punt him for several times what they paid.

Can see Mckenna going to a promotion chasing championship team like Leeds instead of direct to the Prem.

Careful min. I made a suggestion of Halkett earlier and my suggestions are usually hounded about by some stalker trolls.
    Oops, too late, they’re already on your case

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Something about that sentence that sounds a bit queer.

Page 90 of 209 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast