+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 114 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Loans, not for me.......Aberdeen?

Good to see Stewart coming in as he's had a great first half of the season at Kilmarnock. Hopefully we play him in his favoured position and he'll create and score plenty for us from now until the summer.

Strange that it's a loan though - doesn't seem to make much sense for either side unless there's some kind of agreement to sign him at the end. You'd have thought he'd have preferred to stick at Killie than come back here if it was just for a loan.

Delighted with this if he brings his Killie form and we play him in right position (not out wide Derek!!). Still seems a strange one. Why would Birmingham recall him early from loan just to send him to us on loan instead? Maybe we are paying a bigger percentage of his wages? Would make a good permanent signing in the Summer if he kicks on. Presumably we could sign him on pre-contract at any time during loan period if we wanted to

Excellent another loan. Go DNA

That just seems wrong.

Half a season with one club then change while still being contracted to a third.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Good to see Stewart coming in as he's had a great first half of the season at Kilmarnock. Hopefully we play him in his favoured position and he'll create and score plenty for us from now until the summer.

Strange that it's a loan though - doesn't seem to make much sense for either side unless there's some kind of agreement to sign him at the end. You'd have thought he'd have preferred to stick at Killie than come back here if it was just for a loan.
    I've heard he was about to sign for someone before he was recalled. We weren't mentioned when I heard it but can't see it being anyone else now. Why would he be recalled then loaned out again to another club?

I've no issue with both loans.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    That just seems wrong.

Half a season with one club then change while still being contracted to a third.
    The whole thing is a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I've heard he was about to sign for someone before he was recalled. We weren't mentioned when I heard it but can't see it being anyone else now. Why would he be recalled then loaned out again to another club?

I've no issue with both loans.
    Yeah, it makes sense that they cut his loan to Killie short if they thought someone was going to pay money to buy him. But still doesn't make sense that he's ended up joining us on loan rather than on a permanent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Delighted with this if he brings his Killie form and we play him in right position (not out wide Derek!!). Still seems a strange one. Why would Birmingham recall him early from loan just to send him to us on loan instead? Maybe we are paying a bigger percentage of his wages? Would make a good permanent signing in the Summer if he kicks on. Presumably we could sign him on pre-contract at any time during loan period if we wanted to
    Not exactly. Stewart might not want to sign a PCA with us , even if we want him to. Like every other player whose in the last 6 months of their contract with their parent club , he'll be free to enter in to a PCA with any other club that offers him a PCA.

But the fact that he's chosen to come back for a seond spell with us would suggest that we'd be in pole position to sign him up permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    The whole thing is a shambles.
    Nah, not really.

But if the parent club were in the same league as us , I'd be inclined to agree

Page 114 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast