+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 209 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

BBC Gossip today saying Brentford and Hull interested in taking Shinnie in January.

I said previously, we're the only one of the top 6 or 7 clubs who could potentially come out of this window weaker rather than stronger as I don't see any of the other clubs losing key players.

Hibs allegedly after Gauld and Allan.
    Rangers look close to signing Defoe, Davis, Jones and Kamara.
    Celtic seem to have their eye on 1 or 2 younger players from abroad, which seems to be their approach over recent years.
    Motherwell set to sign McCormack.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    That’ll be the fresh sea bass fillets which are farmed in Greece and Turkey, I assume - they are very nice and I buy them a lot as it’s not easy to source the wild fresh equivalent, especially at this time of year. Chablis, I think, is the rich mans Chardonnay, nice but alas not to my taste as I prefer a Sauvignon or Muscadet.

This is supposed to be about transfers so I’ll trasfer this back to you and let’s hope that DM is keeping an eye out for what’s available from places like Greece and Turkey nowadays! 😃 There’s more on offer than loans from Celtic and the lower English leagues, so rather than your standard fare of Cod n Chips maybe he should, in metaphoric terms, try some Chablis and Sea Bass for a change?!
    Indeed regarding the sea bass, m&s imports from Turkey, I normally get all my fish locally, however my source was quite rightly on vacation......anyway, sea bass and Chablis is affa fine, however cod and chips is equally as good.....I dare say our coach, considering how small the world is now regarding travel/communication and the amount of agents trying to make a buck will have his eye on sea bass/cod/salmon regardless of where they are reared.....sadly the caviar is not on the menu.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    BBC Gossip today saying Brentford and Hull interested in taking Shinnie in January.

I said previously, we're the only one of the top 6 or 7 clubs who could potentially come out of this window weaker rather than stronger as I don't see any of the other clubs losing key players.

Hibs allegedly after Gauld and Allan.
    Rangers look close to signing Defoe, Davis, Jones and Kamara.
    Celtic seem to have their eye on 1 or 2 younger players from abroad, which seems to be their approach over recent years.
    Motherwell set to sign McCormack.
    Will Kilmarnock not be weaker if they sell Jones to Rangers?

It's still early days in the window. Plenty to happen yet.

Eating cod is eating worms, pure and simple.

I'm sticking to the chablis but will give the worms and chips a miss.

That’s Timothy signing Burke fae West Brom, and with Sevco getting Defoe and Davis, and Jones and Kamara in summer, and possibly earlier, and Hibs possibly getting Allan and Gauld...
    Who are we signing?
    Worrying .....

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    That’s Timothy signing Burke fae West Brom, and with Sevco getting Defoe and Davis, and Jones and Kamara in summer, and possibly earlier, and Hibs possibly getting Allan and Gauld...
    Who are we signing?
    Worrying .....
    Russ Richardson & Del currently sifting through Russ’s wee black book.
    Setting the SATNAV for Northampton v Port Vale

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Who are we signing?
    Worrying .....
    Wee Jonny looking further surplus now then. Wonder if they might be inclined to tear up his contract. Pay as you play deal and utilise him at left-back. Think we have a better chance of bringing youngsters through learning around the likes of McGinn and Hayes than journeymen duds from down south. Age and fitness dictate their impact on the pitch but reckon their experience of the English and Glasgow gold not being all that fulfilling with splinters would have more positive effect than the latest 1yr instantly forgettable Bosman that left no indelible mark on his time at the club.

With Burke signing on at Tims i expect us to loan Lewis Morgan, don’t want that as its bullsh*t loaning from them but its what we do

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Will Kilmarnock not be weaker if they sell Jones to Rangers?
    Killie have stated that Jones will not be sold in January

Page 52 of 209 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast