+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 209 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We are lucky every other team has regressed. Look how many points have been dropped. What are we 24 already? We are very lucky the league is going the way it has. Nae often we will see all the top 5 dropping so many points.

As for regressing.we still are. I will stick by it. Good bit of form fair enough v the bottom 6 and hearts who are in freefall with a feeble tactical display v yhe pigs in the mix. Only 6 off 6th who have a game in hand.

Im sticking to, we are not a good team this season. Im yet to see anything to tell me different

Its great to see such poor form from everyone as its keeping it looking competitive and making us look half decent
    It might seem like everyone else has regressed but that's not what the league table says. If we assume celtic beat St J at home in their game in hand (your aforementioned sixth place team game in hand) then the league table after 21 matches this season compared with last season as follows (1st number is current year points) for the top 6 plus hibs

celtic 45 v 50
    sevco 42 v 39
    killie 41 v 25
    Aberdeen 39 v 42
    hertz 36 v 29
    St J 34 v 26
    Hibs 29 v 34

So celtic, us and hibs are all down on last year but the others all have more points and in total the top 6 have dropped fewer points this season than last season, hence why it looks more competitive this season.

Having said that, I know what you are saying about regressing as despite us having a reasonably similar points total and exactly the same 34 goals scored, our football has been more brutal (functional maybe a more polite word) this year than last. The loss of Christie and McLean who played really well first half and second half respectively is a lot to do with that as their footballing ability has been replaced with more physical and less skillful midfielders.

We badly need to sign a more skillful midfielder as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Eating cod is eating worms, pure and simple.

I'm sticking to the chablis but will give the worms and chips a miss.
    DD is correct. Cod is tasteless Shyte. Haddock is far superior, while sole, monkfish and tuna are all very, very tasty.
    Back on topic the transfer window so far is absolute Cod

Worms I tell you.

Even the bits that are fish are tasteless and mushy.
    Which is why we eat Haddock in the North East of Scotland and leave the worm infested Cod to the English.

I did see a loon fae the Broch enjoying a monkfish curry recently.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 05-01-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    With Burke signing on at Tims i expect us to loan Lewis Morgan, don’t want that as its bullsh*t loaning from them but its what we do
    Its gonna to either be Morgan or Hayes back one of those 2 with Burke signing on for them !

If we loan a pig we should not go back. Simple

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Worms I tell you.

Even the bits that are fish are tasteless and mushy.
    Which is why we eat Haddock in the North East of Scotland and leave the worm infested Cod to the English.

I did see a loon fae the Broch enjoying a monkfish curry recently.
    I’ll tell you this, I’m a bit of a dab at making curry’s and a monkfish curry sounds fkn yum yum.

"Bit of a dab"

You've come to the right plaice

My skate photo is on another thread.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 05-01-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Monkfish curry or curried haddock. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    It might seem like everyone else has regressed but that's not what the league table says. If we assume celtic beat St J at home in their game in hand (your aforementioned sixth place team game in hand) then the league table after 21 matches this season compared with last season as follows (1st number is current year points) for the top 6 plus hibs

celtic 45 v 50
    sevco 42 v 39
    killie 41 v 25
    Aberdeen 39 v 42
    hertz 36 v 29
    St J 34 v 26
    Hibs 29 v 34

So celtic, us and hibs are all down on last year but the others all have more points and in total the top 6 have dropped fewer points this season than last season, hence why it looks more competitive this season.

Having said that, I know what you are saying about regressing as despite us having a reasonably similar points total and exactly the same 34 goals scored, our football has been more brutal (functional maybe a more polite word) this year than last. The loss of Christie and McLean who played really well first half and second half respectively is a lot to do with that as their footballing ability has been replaced with more physical and less skillful midfielders.

We badly need to sign a more skillful midfielder as soon as possible
    Nice analysis RedZone.

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    I’ll tell you this, I’m a bit of a dab at making curry’s and a monkfish curry sounds fkn yum yum.
    Having monkfish tonight but wrapped in Parma Ham.
    The Monkfish curry was cracking

Page 54 of 209 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast