+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 117 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Correct,Stewart will be a good signing if he is played in the right position,if he is stuck out in the wing again it’s a pointless signing.
    I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have agreed to go back if he thought he was going to be played on the wing. Fingers crossed its 2 up front for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I'm not saying it was a masterstroke that he started playing 2 up top. it was forced on him by Gms 's injury. But surely to God he must see it is working and he will keep playing that formation. Stewart will score and create much more than may. I'm keeping my fingers crossed ☺
    See, he's done this before (different players then) and only kept at it until it stops being "effective" and he has generally reverted to one upfront.
    I wish I had confidence he'll stick with a more attack minded formation.

Min take a shake to yourself and read what you are posting. We are all don s men and you cannot possibly argue that Lowe and Stewart weaken the team. Would you rather we stuck with Forrester ?
    It’s surely the manager’s fault that he wasted funds on someone who lets face it...no one on here would genuinely play him.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Surely to f*ck Greg Stewart is a player who we could afford to sign permanently, no? Are things that bad?
    I still think we will. However they would probably have been looking at a Stevie May type figure. I dont necessarily think we will be paying all his Birmingham wages, Killie would have been paying a fraction. So he gets s Birmingham paying a lot of his wages and a better signing on fee at end of season from us to sugar coat the wages drop.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Correct,Stewart will be a good signing if he is played in the right position,if he is stuck out in the wing again it’s a pointless signing.
    Not just being on the wing that was the issue. Mcinnes likes his attacking players to do a lot of defending as well. I don't think Stewart can do that.

Greg Stewart is only effective playing as a second striker, or “no10”.
    Playing him wide right & asking him to track back? Waste of him & a waste of time.

I still think we will. However they would probably have been looking at a Stevie May type figure. I dont necessarily think we will be paying all his Birmingham wages, Killie would have been paying a fraction. So he gets s Birmingham paying a lot of his wages and a better signing on fee at end of season from us to sugar coat the wages drop.
    Hope you're right but like someone else posted it could work out we just advertise him playing well and someone else snaps him up later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not just being on the wing that was the issue. Mcinnes likes his attacking players to do a lot of defending as well. I don't think Stewart can do that.
    I would tend to agree with you Stewart is as slow as a wet weekend in millport .
    He was actually a liability covering back as he cost us the goal in Europe that put us out. However, I'm feeling more optimistic tonight than afc 1903 after a week listening to Paul McKenna. I think it might just work.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Greg Stewart is only effective playing as a second striker, or “no10”.
    Playing him wide right & asking him to track back? Waste of him & a waste of time.
    Does he man mark well for when we play celtic ?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Hope you're right but like someone else posted it could work out we just advertise him playing well and someone else snaps him up later on.
    I think it might be a done deal. He has the same agent as Mcinness

Page 117 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast