+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 203 of 209 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    You don't half talk a load of aabsolute s hite. Knocked back 4 million bid for McKenna. Knocked back money for Gms. Signed Greg Stewart and Max Lowe on loan. Hoban back fit and looking good.

Very good window for anyone with any football nous whatsoever.
    Opinions and all that min, you might find that's what these sort of forums are for. I've got mine and you've got yours (and I respect you opinion by the the way and wont call it spouting absolute sh1te) it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Can I ask you a quick question though? As much as I am absolutely delighted that Hoban is back to full fitness as I am of the "opinion" that when he is fit he will be a great player for us, but my question is where the fk is the connection between him getting back to full fitness and the dealings done in the transfer window? Did i miss something

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

is where the fk is the connection between him getting back to full fitness and the dealings done in the transfer window? Did i miss something

SF
    The fact he hardly featured in the first half, means he is like a new player in the Man window.

Opinions and all that min, you might find that's what these sort of forums are for. I've got mine and you've got yours (and I respect you opinion by the the way and wont call it spouting absolute sh1te) it's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Can I ask you a quick question though? As much as I am absolutely delighted that Hoban is back to full fitness as I am of the "opinion" that when he is fit he will be a great player for us, but my question is where the fk is the connection between him getting back to full fitness and the dealings done in the transfer window? Did i miss something

SF
    I'm assuming the fact that these players are coming back to from injury would suggest why we didn't need as many players in as first thought. The priority was always an attacking threat and a left back and that is what we successfully achieved. Not only that but we kept 2 of our best players in the team until the summer at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'm not really buying into this... yeah I agree that May has put in plenty effort, certainly can't fault his commitment to the cause. And yeah I agree Cosgrove has benefitted from having someone playing alongside him, or certainly a bit closer to him than earlier in the season when it was mainly Ferguson who was in the attacking midfield role (which clearly isn't his position).

What I'm saying is that you could put Considine up front alongside Cosgrove and it would be just as effective, if not more effective than having May there. There's nothing that May is doing that Considine couldn't do, and Considine would actually carry more goal threat - he even sets up more goals!

Now that we've got Stewart back, I'd play him with Cosgrove and get May off the park. I'd rather have Wilson along with Cosgrove. Or Anderson with Cosgrove. Or McGinn with Cosgrove. Or literaly anyone with Cosgrove who might actually create a goal or score one - that's what forwards are meant to do. Sure they do other stuff, but is it too much to ask that he might set up a goal or put the ball in the net more than 5 times in a whole season?! One of his goals this season was a penalty and another was a tap in to an open goal. It's a horrendous record!

Once again, I reiterate, I'm not having a go at the lad for his lack of effort - nor do I just have it in for him - I genuinely wish he would start creating and scoring - but he doesn't look like it at all, so I've no idea why we're persevering with him this long. Anderson came in and scored and never got a look in. Wilson's come on in some games and scored and never got a look in. This guy looks like he's forgotten where the goal is and he plays every match pretty much!
    If you were at the Kilmarnock game esp in the first half May was running into some pretty decent positions time and time again and yet neither any of the back 4 esp Considine/Mckenna/Shinnie /Ferguson didn't get the head up quickly and get the relatively simple ball upto his feet. Instead the back 2 decided to square pass the ball time and again which slowed the game down which fell into Kilmarnocks hands.
    I agree May needs to be scoring goals but we would have a much more attacking threat if we were able to thread these balls through to May.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The fact he hardly featured in the first half, means he is like a new player in the Man window.
    when did we sign him?

when did we sign him?
    Why do we have to sign someone when we have an excellent player coming back from injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Why do we have to sign someone when we have an excellent player coming back from injury?
    I am not disagreeing with you min, I have already said that i am of the opinion he is a very good asset for the club when fully fit.
    I merely asked a question "stating the obvious really" and find it a bit strange that some folks can say that Hoban coming back to full fitness can be considered as a good bit of business in a transfer window.

I'm actually fkn delighted the lad appears to be finally fully fit, I am of the opinion he could be a better player than Devlin for us. But I best keep that to myself for now eh as it's not everyone else's opinion ffs

SF

when did we sign him?
    What's your point?
    We should have signed another player despite holding on to McKenna and having To ban return?
    The fact is that he is an additional option we did not have for the bulk of the first half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What's your point?
    We should have signed another player despite holding on to McKenna and having To ban return?
    The fact is that he is an additional option we did not have for the bulk of the first half of the season.
    What are we having to ban the return of?

I've stated my opinion min, but hey ho yet again as is normal on here these days, I'm a (unt for not agreeing with others folks opinions.

SF

What are we having to ban the return of?

I've stated my opinion min, but hey ho yet again as is normal on here these days, I'm a (unt for not agreeing with others folks opinions.

SF
    Stupid mobile phone auto correct.

"To Ban" was "Hoban"

Factually you are correct, he didn't sign in January, but as we were saying, he is "effectively" a new signing given his injury in the first half of the season.

You can go back to sleep now

Page 203 of 209 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast