+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 98 of 209 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Ferguson is clearly Shinnie's replacement and another example of McInnes working two windows in advance. No laughing at the back. DM will probably admit this sometime between May and August.

It's the other two (assuming 4-2-3-1) midfield berths that is the worry. Dean Campbell not quite ready and no difinitive evidence that Gleeson/Ball/Forrester/Hoban are good enough
    I do believe that Ferguson was not signed with the intention to play him straight away.
    It's plaudits to him (and the scouting team / manager if you like ) that he has become a mainstay of the team.
    So yeah, probably two windows ahead.

I think Ball has done ok in midfield when utilised and I'm still willing to give Gleeson and Forrester time, although it should be a marker that a 19 year old, bought in as future development has pushed them out of a starting slot.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    As I predicted back in November.. You can't blame the lad. I would be off to NYC too given the opportunity.
    But he had no idea of interest in him Stateside! Good luck to him. Go and enjoy the lifestyle.

If Shinnie does go to sevco then he is just a money grabbing mercenary like the rest of them. He ain’t getting in that team unless they have a bunch of midfielders injured. He allegedly desperately wants to play for Scotland so he won’t want to play left back as he has zero chance of any caps at LB. plus he just has to look at the rat to see how he will be received in any future visit to Aberdeen. Hopefully he will see sense and head to englandshire for just as much wages and a better chance of future caps if that is really what he wants.

Absolutely astonished so many here were not aware of Shinnie's youthful hun allegiance. Was well discussed at the time he joined.

Still don't think he would countenance a move to them. He's well aware of what happened to the rat the other week. I think he is far too sensible to ever let that happen to himself and his family

I see we are being linked with Huddersfield's Jayden Brown.

Left Back, 19.

Loan move p@sh till end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    McInnes will know the players are leaving.
    I don't necessarily agree. The power is very much in the players (agents) hands. They want as much money as possible for themselves, by keeping their cards close to their chest they can maximise the pay rise if they leave but also if they stay.

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    I don't necessarily agree. The power is very much in the players (agents) hands. They want as much money as possible for themselves, by keeping their cards close to their chest they can maximise the pay rise if they leave but also if they stay.
    I think he will know. Mcinnes has a good relationship with both apparently and he's experienced enough to know what will come next.

Shinnie being linked with a pre contract with Wigan according to the Sun and the Record

If Shinnie goes to the swine that might well finish me with fitba.

You can talk about childhood allegiance but think back, the kids at school who were the top fitba players played fitba a' the time.
    They may express a support, but they never properly followed a team.

Shinnie's seen the viles as our captain, from the outside, he knows what they're about and if he goes to them for money, well what's the point?

I know you could say that about the rat but he was always a weasly little c u nt, Shinnie struck me as having a bit more about him

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    If Shinnie goes to the swine that might well finish me with fitba.

You can talk about childhood allegiance but think back, the kids at school who were the top fitba players played fitba a' the time.
    They may express a support, but they never properly followed a team.

Shinnie's seen the viles as our captain, from the outside, he knows what they're about and if he goes to them for money, well what's the point?

I know you could say that about the rat but he was always a weasly little c u nt, Shinnie struck me as having a bit more about him
    He’s a nice lad, from a nice family, it’s a short career, got to look after his own family, who among us wouldn’t turn down more money, he’s in with a chance of winning stuff, it’s his last big move, good for his Scotland caps etc etc

We should all be delighted for him

Page 98 of 209 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast