+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Logs on to see if there’s any news.

Sees a pile of drivel posts.

Logs off again
    Execllent contribution then.

There's no transfer news. None.

Pop back on and square go someone when we do make a signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston78Snelders View Post
    Any transfer news for us????

Seems to be a lot of movement everywhere but here. Couple more contract extensions will feel like new signings but we would still need one or two in surely.
    There not even any real rumours in regards to us. Just seems to be the usual player that has played in scotland is available and hes "linked". Definitely seems affa quiet.

Need to get GMS and Shinnie to say fit they are doing. If they are off i reckon we could get away with not playing them

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    There not even any real rumours in regards to us. Just seems to be the usual player that has played in scotland is available and hes "linked". Definitely seems affa quiet.

Need to get GMS and Shinnie to say fit they are doing. If they are off i reckon we could get away with not playing them
    Hibs have got Gauld and are being linked with Allen and a loan for Morgan. Those 3 behind a semi decent striker would be quite exciting I'd imagine.

Meanwhile... we extend Sam Cosgrove's contract. Not quite the same levels of excitement.

Before anyone points out the obvious... I know Hibs are only being linked with these guys and may not actually sign them, and I know that even if they do they may prove to be ineffective. I also know that we may all be surprised and Cosgrove might turn out to be an absolute goal machine for the rest of the season. I suppose it's just frustrating at times watching other sides snap up some of the players who could potentially improve our side. Guess we'll wait n see what materialises over the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Hibs have got Gauld and are being linked with Allen and a loan for Morgan. Those 3 behind a semi decent striker would be quite exciting I'd imagine.

Meanwhile... we extend Sam Cosgrove's contract. Not quite the same levels of excitement.

Before anyone points out the obvious... I know Hibs are only being linked with these guys and may not actually sign them, and I know that even if they do they may prove to be ineffective. I also know that we may all be surprised and Cosgrove might turn out to be an absolute goal machine for the rest of the season. I suppose it's just frustrating at times watching other sides snap up some of the players who could potentially improve our side. Guess we'll wait n see what materialises over the next week or so.
    I'd rather we extend Cosgrove's contract than sign someone from Celtic on loan to be fair.

Gauld might make a difference but O'Halloran is going for free. I'd prefer we went for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    The reality is that the club has probably reached a ceiling in relation to what can be achieved within our current financial constraints. Yes, we could have put in a better performance against Celtic here and there especially in the Cup finals but it's not as though we've never pulled out a big performance against them during the McInnes era. Do we lose to them more often than not because we don't have a "winning attitude" or is it because player for player they are a superior team and always will be given their massive financial advantage? Some will see this as defeatist, I just see it at realistic. You can't make a silk purse out a sow's ear - doesn't matter how much will and determination you have to win. That doesn't mean we can't pull out a big result against them when it matters - we just need to keep giving ourselves the opportunity by reaching cup finals.

For a team that has lacked any truly outstanding players, I think McInnes has overall done pretty well with what has been available to him.
    I'd struggle to name any "truly outstanding players" in the league.

Spetic have money but they struggle to bring in much quality beyond their first XI. We've seen them in the last month being destroyed at Easter Road & Ibroke. In Boyata, they've a defender that I'd worry about getting exposed in Champion Street.

Sevco don't have money and the players they're bringing aren't much of an improvement on what they have already. They're speculating to accumulate in the hope that they can muscle their way into the Champions League. It's not going to work.

The flakiness and willingness to accept second best among our support is worrying.

All gone VERY quiet on the GMS front, in terms of both his injury, and a new contract. Is he even going to “Doobers” this week?

Nae really consistent with "I'd rather die trying than ****e it" is it ?..........dropping two of our best players for no real reason and risking disharmony in the squad.

Football is about winning and trophies is what it should be about , remember. Presumably , you think we'd have a better chance of winning something this season without Shinnie or GMS.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Sevco don't have money and the players they're bringing aren't much of an improvement on what they have already. They're speculating to accumulate in the hope that they can muscle their way into the Champions League. It's not going to work.
    How much did they spend this season alone £10M+
    I read they made a loss of £14M or the likes.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    The flakiness and willingness to accept second best among our support is worrying.
    Given the above regarding SevCo expenditure, how much do you think we need to spend in order to compete for 1st place?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    How much did they spend this season alone £10M+
    I read they made a loss of £14M or the likes.

Given the above regarding SevCo expenditure, how much do you think we need to spend in order to compete for 1st place?
    £25m

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    £25m
    Is that just transfer fee's?

Page 72 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast