+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 115 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Excellent another loan. Go DNA
    Big chap you go on about a lack of ambition in the club and moan about loans . Can't have it both ways. Lowe and Stewart both excellent acquisitions. This is the market we have to operate in. Neither are loans from Celtic so can play against them. The Huns have at least two or three good quality losns. Kent and Coulibay both good players. If ever there was a season to go all out for the league this is feckin it. Coyr !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Nah, not really.

But if the parent club were in the same league as us , I'd be inclined to agree
    That's how I feel. Hopefully there's a long term plan.

I also hope that McInnes has realised that loaning from Celtic is absolutely embarrassing and now addressed that.

Kinda feel sorry for Killie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense that they cut his loan to Killie short if they thought someone was going to pay money to buy him. But still doesn't make sense that he's ended up joining us on loan rather than on a permanent deal.
    Not sure how this works for Birmingham . But it must be something to do with their Transfer Embargo/Limitations ?

Stewart probably feels entitled to getting his bigger English wages till the end of the season, while if he was sold he got less of it ?
    Sure suits Aberdeen . Does look a bit iffy . If I was a Killie fan i`s be raging !!

Now, lets play him through the middle !!!

But the fact that he's chosen to come back for a seond spell with us would suggest that we'd be in pole position to sign him up permanently.
    It's a gamble for us though. Why not just pay the little bit of money and sign him permanently? What if he has a stormer for the next 6 months and the same thing happens to us as has just happened to Kilmarnock. Another English Championship side might move in for him, or Rangers or Celtic will match his Championship wages and he'll go there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    It's a gamble for us though. Why not just pay the little bit of money and sign him permanently? What if he has a stormer for the next 6 months and the same thing happens to us as has just happened to Kilmarnock. Another English Championship side might move in for him, or Rangers or Celtic will match his Championship wages and he'll go there instead.
    How do you know the sums involved ?

(clue- you don't, nor do I or any of the other fans)

And how do you know that Stewart himself is wanting to commit to a permanent deal with us ? He might well be , but maybe he's using this loan to put himself in the shop window and keepin his options open for a move to a bigger/wealthier club than us

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Big chap you go on about a lack of ambition in the club and moan about loans . Can't have it both ways. Lowe and Stewart both excellent acquisitions. This is the market we have to operate in. Neither are loans from Celtic so can play against them. The Huns have at least two or three good quality losns. Kent and Coulibay both good players. If ever there was a season to go all out for the league this is feckin it. Coyr !!!!!
    I just find it disruptive. Come may we are looking for the same players again as we never have a settled team these days

How many DNAers expected the money to be pished on loans

Maybe it was the plastic pitch?

How do you know the sums involved ?

(clue- you don't, nor do I or any of the other fans)

And how do you know that Stewart himself is wanting to commit to a permanent deal with us ? He might well be , but maybe he's using this loan to put himself in the shop window and keepin his options open for a move to a bigger/wealthier club than us
    Why bother ...at the end of the season we could be in the exact same position as the last?

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Why bother ...at the end of the season we could be in the exact same position as the last?
    Why bother ?

I thought one thing that just about all Dons fans were agreed on , was that we were desperately lacking some attacking flair and creativity ....or a Number 10 to use the current terminology.

Getting Stewart in for the rest of the season is at the very least a decent chance of being a short-term solution to that problem available within our budget

Stewart should be like a new signing. A good bit of business. Will McInnes be able to get the best out of him though?
    Reckon GMS will be off now.

Page 115 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast