+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 142 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    All clubs in Scotland use the loan system to bridge the gap between what they can afford and the higher quality they can get by signing loanees.

The scum couldn't afford Ryan Kent
    The Dhims couldn't afford Filip Benkovic, he's a £12m Leicester player.

I don't agree with having 5 or 6 on loan, I agree, but to not use the loan system means we'd fall further behind in my opinion.

I also agree that players going on loan to teams in the same league isn't right, but it happens the world over, in all the leagues in Europe.

Not much point in rebelling and being different if it means falling further behind.
    Ryan Kent, DeFud, the Benkovic and the Roberts are different. They can afford(maybe in sevcos case) to pay out big wages and its lile a signing. Roberts and Defud especially on long term deals. Its clever and a lopbole almost by the c@nts in charge of those clubs

We are just signing anyone on loan whos available and doesnt need much scouting if any.

Our signing policy is attrocious

I agree in principle with your specific point about the loaning of a player from a "supposed" direct rival.
    However, I think it is wishful thinking.
    I suppose the club would rightly come back with the fact that we were apparently very close to agreeing a permanent deal for Christie, only for an injury at Celtic or them not getting someone in they thought they 'd get (can't remember which) meaning they had a last minute change of mind.
    So if we had got hold of him permanently, or were very close to it, there's the defence of it.
    I only stomached the Christie deal because I was under the impression whether true or not that there was a desire on the part of Celtic to move him on.

This Lewis Morgan potential deal is not the same.

If we want the player badly enough make the Dims an offer. He is nowhere near their first team.

All clubs in Scotland use the loan system to bridge the gap between what they can afford and the higher quality they can get by signing loanees.

The scum couldn't afford Ryan Kent
    The Dhims couldn't afford Filip Benkovic, he's a £12m Leicester player.

I don't agree with having 5 or 6 on loan, I agree, but to not use the loan system means we'd fall further behind in my opinion.

I also agree that players going on loan to teams in the same league isn't right, but it happens the world over, in all the leagues in Europe.

Not much point in rebelling and being different if it means falling further behind.
    So this here is the issue - in other leagues in Europe do they restrict players from playing against their 'parent' club?

Is this rule specific to Scotland and requested by Celtic, and/or Rangers at the time, at the time of implementation to allow other teams to take points off each other but also weaken teams when playing Celtic and/or Rangers by having to change the loaning clubs playing system for 4/8 specific games each season?

If is was for that specific reason, why did the other clubs allow it?
    Last edited by canarydon; 23-01-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    . It’s McInnes fault that he doesn’t get the best out the lad.
    That and the fact that Cosgrove is actually sh1te

SF

I agree in principle with your specific point about the loaning of a player from a "supposed" direct rival.
    However, I think it is wishful thinking.
    I suppose the club would rightly come back with the fact that we were apparently very close to agreeing a permanent deal for Christie, only for an injury at Celtic or them not getting someone in they thought they 'd get (can't remember which) meaning they had a last minute change of mind.
    So if we had got hold of him permanently, or were very close to it, there's the defence of it.
    I must be out of touch. I need to get onboard with this Christie was a gnats chuff away from signing for the Dons. No bother.

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    So this here is the issue - in other leagues in Europe do they restrict players from playing against their 'parent' club?

Is this rule specific to Scotland and requested by Celtic, and/or Rangers at the time, at the time of implementation to allow other teams to take points off each other but also weaken teams when playing Celtic and/or Rangers by having to change the loaning clubs playing system for 4/8 specific games each season?

If is was for that specific reason, why did the other clubs allow it?
    The risk of allowing a loanee to play against a parent club would invoke such a deep level of analysis of their performance, the "corruption" accusations would be phenomenal each game they played against said club.

This may be an argument why clubs should not be able to loan players within the league, but as it stands, I can understand why it is a safer position not to allow that risk in the forst place.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I must be out of touch. I need to get onboard with this Christie was a gnats chuff away from signing for the Dons. No bother.
    On Sportsound last night they played a bit of McInnes' press conference about the Greg Stewart loan deal , in response to Steve Clarke's comments.

The gist of it was - "In the summer we thought about trying to get Greg back, but the truth of the matter was we were after Ryan Christie at the time, and we were given encouragement maybe that would be the deal , we would get it done. We thought it was an easier deal to do, maybe a cheaper deal. While waiting for Ryan , Greg goes to Kilmarnock and we ended up missing out on both players"

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    I only stomached the Christie deal because I was under the impression whether true or not that there was a desire on the part of Celtic to move him on.

If we want the player badly enough make the Dims an offer. He is nowhere near their first team.
    The issue there is Morgan is not very far into a contract paying *insert number far larger than any we'd pay* per week.

Maybe he'd take the pay cut to resurrect his career or whatever, but, particularly after Christie, it's unlikely the Dhims will cut ties this early when they can probably find another club to be their beyatch and do their development work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    On Sportsound last night they played a bit of McInnes' press conference about the Greg Stewart loan deal , in response to Steve Clarke's comments.

The gist of it was - "In the summer we thought about trying to get Greg back, but the truth of the matter was we were after Ryan Christie at the time, and we were given encouragement maybe that would be the deal , we would get it done. We thought it was an easier deal to do, maybe a cheaper deal. While waiting for Ryan , Greg goes to Kilmarnock and we ended up missing out on both players"
    I also read in the clarifications that Kilmarnock matched the loan deal and it became up to the player whether he rejoined Aberdeen or Kilmarnock.
    Interesting that he chose McInnes over Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post

I don't know enough about Lewis Morgan to really comment, other than that he played v AFC in the Scottish Cup last season and did fcuk all.

But, others that I respect the opinion of rate him so that's good enough for me.

I agree with you, however, he's got no future at Celtic. How much did the Dhims pay for him; £400K? Surely an offer of around that amount from us would be enough to take him here, because with each pasing window, they are bringing in more and more players in his position.

And, as was said yesterday, it's high time we got in ahead of the Dhims in pinpointing players like him and Christie at source, and snaffle them for ourselves. Did it with Lewis Fergie, need to do it more often.

Worked in the past; Strachan, Weir, Kennedy etc etc, how has our scouting system got so band lately?

Page 142 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast