+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 194 of 209 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    So is Lowe included in the 6 out? He was here already so hardly a new player if replacing himself.
    Correct me if Ah'm wrang but ...

Forrester and Tansey oot ( wages saved ... dinna let the door skiff yer arses on the wye oot and land ye on the treatment table on full pey for six months)

Reynolds oot on loan (... meh! )

Wright and Anderson oot on loan (bit part players wi potential, but nae regular first teamers ... stick in guys, come back stronger, fitter, better )

... So 5 oot, but 3 still oors.

Net loss? .. Nae much. Potential gain? ... Fυck knows ... could be massive ... if nae, then they're nae good enough.

Lowe in on loan (or borrowed if ye like ... Aye ... in .. cos he wisna oors onymair, now he is noo ... for noo .... Fυckin brill - great player! )

Stewart in on loan/borrowed ( Good on paper ... nae so sure on grass or plastic, a good addition on balance, but still think we need to see mair fae him )

Net gain? Lowe is a big one ... and cost fυck all ... Stewart has added, but nae sure if he's any better than a couple of others when they're nae oot injured. Net loss? Nithin ... at worst.

.... and then there's the two oot/in/oot/in/maybes.

Ah'm convinced AFC would hae been mair decisive in the window if these guys had made up their fυckin minds.

Keepin Shinnie ... when we half expected to lose him ... is like a gain ... although I see his limitations, his assets would be hard to replace ...

GMS .... same as above, but if he disna become more o' a team player, his flair is superfluous to the team's needs .... I say punt him for as many coupons we can get.

So, in my happy clappy conclusion, I can agree we might nae be better aff than we were half wye through December, but I think we're a damn sight better off than we would hae been minus Lowe, and Shinnie ... Ah mean, come on... We are now spoiled for choice at Left back ffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Correct me if Ah'm wrang but ...
    Hoban back is like an additional player from the first half as well

It would've been worth paying a fee to get Shaughnessy in now, he could've went to RB when McKenna and Devlin are available again.

It should do Anderson and Wright the world of good getting a game every week, hopefully we'll see an improvement in them similar to Pawlett when he came back from his loan spell. I wouldn't be surprised if Reynolds gets injured again at the jutes.

I suppose the main thing about this window is that McKenna's still here. Its a pity that Fraser never moved from Bournemouth though.

I’m not massively disappointed about no one coming in today – who knows, maybe a target preferred the weather in Barcelona to Aberdeen, no accounting for taste. But of those leaving (Forrester and Tansey can be forgotten), suppose Reynolds, Wright, Anderson stayed and were all injured at some point? There would be much gnashing of teeth from the management about first team squad players not being available and how it puts a strain on resources. In December DM said we perhaps needed another striker and now we have two fewer. It makes no sense. I know there are some funny rules about it being possible to sign out of contract players outwith the window and different rules in different countries (which if I understand the US regulations correctly mean GMS could still go in February) so perhaps there is some card trick still to be played. But, as it stands, inexplicable in terms of squad strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    It would've been worth paying a fee to get Shaughnessy in now, he could've went to RB when McKenna and Devlin are available again.
    He hasn't even signed a pre-contract with us yet though?

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    He hasn't even signed a pre-contract with us yet though?
    I know, thats why I said it would be worth paying a fee for him.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Hoban back is like an additional player from the first half as well
    Name:  2 claps weeeee.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  2.0 KB
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 01-02-2019 at 01:03 AM.

What a totally lethargic and totally useless January window once again. Totally uninspiring .
    One player ( loan ) Stewart brought in ( again )
    One loan player ( thanks to the kindness of Derby FC ) back
    Heaps of loans out which is fair enough to a degree although leaves us a bit thin mainly due to are high ratio of injury prone individuals
    Decent work to get rid of Tansley & Forrester

But no dynamic ball winning controller of midfield brought in .
    No Markus Heikkinen , Roberto Bisconti types, apologies to the young Dons fans who missed these class acts

Aberdeen FC ambition summed up ... No Intent No Ambition from Stewart Milne and the Board

And its all the fans fault

Aye, but we've saved enough cash tae keep Wilson on and off the bench for the rest o' the season ... it's like a further gain o' half a player ... bonus ... two happy clappys worth ...

Name:  2 claps weeeee.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  2.0 KB

Remember folks, this was planned two windows in advance

Page 194 of 209 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast