+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 149 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    Rooney on stilts.
    Nah Rooney didn't win a header in 4 years. and would never have scored a goal like Cosgroves second. Rooney still the most natural finisher since probably Shearer .
    Just hope the big man can keep it going for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Adam Johnson must be out soon. Worth a look?
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes wouldn’t rule him out
    Deary me, some people just have a strange fascination with serial rapists, murderers and pedophiles.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Deary me, some people just have a strange fascination with serial rapists, murderers and pedophiles.
    Derek McInnes wouldn’t surely entertain these type of players?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I don't think there'd be any point bringing someone else in up front if Wilson does go. Better saving the money and using it in the summer than bringing someone else in to sit on the bench. As much as he still looks hopeless at times, you can't drop Cosgrove when he's scoring for fun. May seems to be ahead of Wilson in the pecking order, despite the fact that Wilson has scored more and looked sharper. May possibly contributes more all round - I still can't see him getting more than 5 goals all season though.
    McInnes needs to forget about shoe horning BOTH Stewart & May in the first X1.
    When May plays it means Stewart will invariably spend most of the time wide right.
    That's a waste of time.

Play Stewart just off Cosgrove, in the middle of the pitch, in the "10" position
    Simple.

May brings very little to the team
    Work-rate only - and that should be a given.
    His finishing is dreadful and he doesn't look close to scoring.

We also need to get either Devlin or Hoban fit and alongside McKenna to give balance to the centre of defence.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Derek McInnes wouldn’t surely entertain these type of players?
    I doubt he nor the club would.
    You guys entertain linking these types of players and despicable figures with the club though

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    When May plays it means Stewart will invariably spend most of the time wide right.
    That's a waste of time.

Play Stewart just off Cosgrove, in the middle of the pitch, in the "10" position
    Simple.
    I noticed that the three behind Cosgrove (GMS, May, Stewart) all rotated positions against Hamilton.
    This could be beneficial if we can pull their team about and create spaces for the likes of Lowe and Logan, or indeed Shinnie or Ferguson to exploit.
    We also need to get either Devlin or Hoban fit and alongside McKenna to give balance to the centre of defence.
    I noticed that McKenna predominantly played on the right hand side last night with Considine Left side CH.
    I wondered if thats preparing McKenna to go in the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I doubt he nor the club would.
    You guys entertain linking these types of players and despicable figures with the club though
    Let’s put this behind us and get right behind Derek. He wants you to make an appointment for him to give you a home visit to personally thank you for your loyalty....please have your will ready.

Name:  89EE112C-EF59-4248-B86E-A503CB1206E3.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  10.5 KB

^^^Del’s future look^^^

Despite that being quite funny, you deserve this

Name:  12zl00.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  29.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Sweet Jesus Cosgrove has scored another 2 and almost got a hatrick of course you can't drop him. Apart from scoring goals Rooney looked hopeless ALL of the time.
    I never suggested that we drop Cosgrove, so not sure what you're getting at? I stated you can't drop him when he's scoring for fun.

That's a waste of time.

Simple.

May brings very little to the team
    Work-rate only - and that should be a given.
    His finishing is dreadful and he doesn't look close to scoring.

Agree with all this - I think you play either Stewart or May off the big man. If they aren't playing that position, they're on the bench. Neither of them are wide players. I'd go with Stewart as he is an infinitely greater attacking threat than May. May works harder and prevents the opposition building from the back, occasionally nicks the ball off the defender or midfielder etc, but he can't score goals. He's a defensive forward - we'd be better playing him as a sitting midfielder based on his 'skillset'.

Page 149 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast