+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 120 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

I hope i'm wrong (frequently am), but i have little confidence in McInnes playing Stewart in the correct position. Assuming we stick with a front two, i can't see Cosgrove being dropped (and despite previous reservations his current form dictates he should be among the first on the team sheet) nor May (who McInnes seems to have a soft spot for and perhaps a need to persist with given the fee paid).

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    I hope i'm wrong (frequently am), but i have little confidence in McInnes playing Stewart in the correct position. Assuming we stick with a front two, i can't see Cosgrove being dropped (and despite previous reservations his current form dictates he should be among the first on the team sheet) nor May (who McInnes seems to have a soft spot for and perhaps a need to persist with given the fee paid).
    I think may will be dropped,to be fair he needs to be and we might look to offload him in the summer and bring stewart in to replace him

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    What would I be getting both barrels for?

Stop kidding yourselves on...McInnes won’t get the best out of Greg Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaroni_Pie View Post
    Ok... haha

Yeah I'd imagine (or certainly hope!) that Stewart will play as a slightly deeper forward in a front two, rather than out wide. I'd reckon it'll be Stewart alongside Cosgrove to start with. I'm still hoping Wilson will come good. May works hard and has looked sharper recently, but still never looks like scoring.
    Correct

Yeah I'd imagine (or certainly hope!) that Stewart will play as a slightly deeper forward in a front two, rather than out wide. I'd reckon it'll be Stewart alongside Cosgrove to start with. I'm still hoping Wilson will come good. May works hard and has looked sharper recently, but still never looks like scoring.
    Folk praise May for his work-rate.
    Surely that should be a given.
    His scoring record is poor & his finishing is sh1te.
    His primary job is to contribute goals.
    Aside from a couple of penalties he’s not looked like it.
    Play Stewart in May’s role.

McInnes has taken the time to praise May a lot recently, and he likes him, so I can see him persisting with him alongside/just behind Sam Cosgrove.

I think it's mainly hope that May finds his form again.

Whether it ever comes back no one knows but it looks like he's trying so people are backing him.

Not much wrong with that.

We got excited when we signed May he needs to score soon as he just seems to be short of confidence

with stewart here I can see us playing a 3-5-2 & in some games 4-5-1 with stewart playing just behind the striker(s)

now all we need is Shinnie & GMS to aign new contracts

Joe S to sign a pre-contract to replace either Consi or Reynolds . Our star defender should only be sold if we are offered at least 9m

If Celtic want him the asking price should be 12m & not a penny less

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Folk praise May for his work-rate.
    Surely that should be a given.
    His scoring record is poor & his finishing is sh1te.
    His primary job is to contribute goals.
    Aside from a couple of penalties he’s not looked like it.
    Play Stewart in May’s role.

McInnes has taken the time to praise May a lot recently, and he likes him, so I can see him persisting with him alongside/just behind Sam Cosgrove.
    Yep - play all three. Stewart and May off Cosgrove, all three roaming - opposition man-markers won’t have a scoobie what to do. Lowe and McLennan for width, McGinn and GMS backup. Rest of settled side as it is assuming Devlin’s back.

There’s nine opposition sides in the division that, home or away we should just be letting them worry about us battering their goal - then let the manager do his thing against the scum. If May can’t get going in that, we should be cutting our losses in the summer. I’d take the penalties off him - big Sam’s earned the right to assist his scoring streak. Captain Caveman should focus upon rediscovering how to score and be more creative in open play. A short back and sides and a shave would show he means to knuckle down.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 19-01-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Page 120 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast