+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 134 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Or we benefit from signing someone we can play against all the teams in the league and cup. We would have still finished above hearts and Hibs without him.
    So you are suggesting we should have signed someone of the calibre of Christie which inevitably would have cost us a lot of dosh in terms of a transfer fee and wages in order to end up exactly where we did end up whereby we didn't sign someone for a lot of dosh in terms of a transfer fee and wages.

Where is the sense in that exactly? That method hasn't really worked with May has it? If you were manager you'd take the least risk route and so I don't blame DM for going after players he knows better than unknowns which as we have seen been less than successful. Tansey being the exception I suppose. Even I thought that was a good signing at the time.

For what its worth, I liked the idea of Christie coming at the time he signed, but subsequently, the fact he was playing well with the Dons just made it galling when we realised he was going to have to miss out on so many huge games v his parent club. So that makes more loans from them (or anyone in the same league) a no from me. Lets develop our own...to paraphrase the orange headed baffoon in the White House; Aberdeen First! MAGA!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    So you are suggesting we should have signed someone of the calibre of Christie which inevitably would have cost us a lot of dosh in terms of a transfer fee and wages in order to end up exactly where we did end up whereby we didn't sign someone for a lot of dosh in terms of a transfer fee and wages.

Where is the sense in that exactly? That method hasn't really worked with May has it? If you were manager you'd take the least risk route and so I don't blame DM for going after players he knows better than unknowns which as we have seen been less than successful. Tansey being the exception I suppose. Even I thought that was a good signing at the time.
    That doesn't make any sense unless you are making the point that we don't sign anyone at all...just loan them to see if they work out.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    3 OUT

#4in4out

The amount of folk on here in December saying we'd do no business BAHAHAHAH
    I should listen to your predictions more often...you are closing in on the numbers pal.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Do you really believe you would buy a season ticket and then boycott games because you loan a Celtic player.
    I buy a season ticket and miss half the season every season

Ill miss the rest if Morgan signs. I'm back for the St Mirren home game on 16/2 . If he's on our books I've already planned I'm away to East Stirling v Dalbeattie Star

If we take another Celtic player on loan that’s it for me. The game’s a bogey if we continually go down this route. Milne and McInnes can f@ck right off!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    so your saying last season you'd have preferred another team to benefit from playing Christie and "developing him"? Isn't that just a bit of a stupid comment? Why shouldn't we benefit from it? same with Morgan, why shouldn't we benefit from having him here this season? He may end up a Hearts, Hibs or Killie?

I hate to think what you lot did before internet/social media. The stored up fury must have been getting taken out on the wife or something.
    Our rivals being the second best team in Scotland were the pigs. We could play the player in 4 games last season and maybe three the season before inclusive of a cup final. The biggest games we needed to win. I don't see the logic in it. I said that when he signed and said it when we signed again. It disrupts us tactically to play them and on top we are developing their player who now is one of their best this season. To do it once(twice technically but same player) is pretty daft. To go and do it aging is f@cking moronic

It shows lack of ambition. Not good enough for the team who are where we want to be but good enough for us. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Our rivals being the second best team in Scotland were the pigs. We could play the player in 4 games last season and maybe three the season before inclusive of a cup final. The biggest games we needed to win. I don't see the logic in it. I said that when he signed and said it when we signed again. It disrupts us tactically to play them and on top we are developing their player who now is one of their best this season. To do it once(twice technically but same player) is pretty daft. To go and do it aging is f@cking moronic

It shows lack of ambition. Not good enough for the team who are where we want to be but good enough for us. No thanks
    As I said earlier, hindsight is a wonderful thing, however if we had ultimately managed to secure his services permanently, would you still be of the same option?

The general consensus, even when he went back to them, that he was not good enough for them and unlikely to play.
    He had just had a pretty poor 6 months with us if you recall.
    He didn't really fit the Celtic model of buying young foreign imports, developing them and then selling on, but grabbed his chance in October this year and hasn't looked back (so far)

I don't necessarily think it's lack of ambition, but actually could have been quite an ambitious strategy to get him here for longer.
    Sadly it didn't pan out as some had hoped for.

I buy a season ticket and miss half the season every season
    Yeah, work related, not as a boycott

Ill miss the rest if Morgan signs.
    Easier decision I guess given you already miss so many

I'm back for the St Mirren home game on 16/2 . If he's on our books I've already planned I'm away to East Stirling v Dalbeattie Star
    Fair enough, your choice

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I don't necessarily think it's lack of ambition, but actually could have been quite an ambitious strategy to get him here for longer.
    Sadly it didn't pan out as some had hoped for.

Really, taking a player from a team that was/is our main competitor and cant play against said team is showing ambition is it?

Thats before the fact that we had to hand the player back to our main competitor (did we actually pay for the right to do this?)

Page 134 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast