+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd start Wright in the no10 role on Sunday and definitely have McLennan on the bench to come on for McGinn if he isn't having a good game. However I expect we will be set up to defend rather than attack, so realistically Wright will be on the bench and McLennan probably won't even make it that far.

The likes of Campbell, McLennan, Ross, Anderson are better to have on the bench than Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey and May. The latter 4 coming on cause me to almost give up and go home / turn the TV off because you know fine well they're not going to make a difference. The first four offer much more energy, enthusiasm and hope!
    Wright was a major disappointment yesterday.
    The closer this January window gets the more worried I am becoming.
    DM has a major job to do and he is not up it, his transfer dealings of late have been shambolic.
    Bottom six is looming unless he can pull off some sort of miracle, which I doubt but I hope im wrong

SF

I’m not sure what the position is regarding the various loanees & whether you can agree to terminate one.

I think I probably had the same wish list in terms of additions as I had in the summer, which says everything you need to know about my thoughts on Messrs McIness & Richardson’s lamentable recruitment.

Ideal world?...

OUT
    Tansey
    Forrester
    Wilson - end loan
    Anderson - Loan him to a Championship club
    Wright - same as Anderson

IN

A goal scorer!
    Aright winger
    A creative no 10. ( I think we might try for McLean on loan)

I'd rather put May and Cosgrove out on loan and keep Anderson. I would add Gleeson to your out list.

What about Oliver Burke on loan from WBA as the right winger given our good relationship with WBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I'd rather put May and Cosgrove out on loan and keep Anderson. I would add Gleeson to your out list.

What about Oliver Burke on loan from WBA as the right winger given our good relationship with WBA?
    I think Anderson needs a run of 20 games.
    He’s never going to get that.
    And he’s a more realistic loanee for other clubs than May?
    Burke is a maybe. Doesn’t he allegedly have a honking attitude? Maybe DM’s relationship with WBA might help?
    I don’t think we’ll make any permanent signings in January.
    Also I imagine we’ll hear if GMS &/or Shinnie have signed Bosmans.
    Oh & big Scott McKenna may be sold, although I’d hope we can keep him until the summer.

'don't expect more than 1 signing' & 'I'm happy with the squad'

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I'd rather put May and Cosgrove out on loan and keep Anderson.
    We dont need to be putting Cosgrove out on loan ffs we just need to get rid of the useless chunt,
    Don't think we have a hope in hell of getting a penny of the 20k back that we spunked on the donkey though
    It's not all about the money but i have said it before and I will say it again there are players moving between clubs in the Highland fkn League for 20k + and I think useless donkey Cosgrove would serioulsy struggle to hold down a starting slot in many a highland league club.
    A club like Aberdeen should not be even thinking about signing players of that p1ss poor standard,
    Another major transfer shambles by our illustrious leader.
    But hey ho everything is good as "we are nae sh1te anymore" ffs

Loaning our cosgrove I doubt he’d get a pro team if we freed him

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Wright was a major disappointment yesterday.
    The closer this January window gets the more worried I am becoming.
    DM has a major job to do and he is not up it, his transfer dealings of late have been shambolic.
    Bottom six is looming unless he can pull off some sort of miracle, which I doubt but I hope im wrong

SF
    I've seen this a lot about Wright being poor yesterday and many fans giving up on him already. I really feel for the young lads in our squad - the likes of Wright has been in, played well but has 1 off game (or even half) and he's immediately dropped - meanwhile McGinn can potter about not doing much and constantly plays "just because".

These lads get the odd 20 minutes to flash and are just expected to come in and be amazing in a side that isn't set up to suit them either. Look at Anderson, he scores, then scores again but he gets dropped for May/Cosgrove/Wilson - makes no sense and doesn't help their development.

McKenna was a complete fluke as he was treated exactly the same as these lads, he just happened to come good right at the right time.

Fact is, under McInnes the likes of Wright and Anderson won't get any chance - they are too small, and its something the club look at from the seniors to the youths sadly where it's size over ability.

We should see if West Brom will give us Oliver Burke on loan, he's had a bad time there but he has a ton of ability, just needs a chance to flourish. Saw today they are looking to loan him out, so we could be the type of club to give him game time.

I’m expecting an offer from Timothy of Hayes, Scott Allan and about £4 - £4.5m cash this window for McKenna.

Personally I’d tell them to do one partly because I’d never sell to a cheek unless unavoidable, but also because I don’t want Hayes back and I think we’ll get more money, and more potential add on sale money, from selling him down south.

I’d bid for Scott Allan stand alone though. £200k should do it unless Timothy are being dicks.

If so a pre contract will do.

Plenty other transfer work to do too though...

Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast