+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Well done - you managed to type that response without mentioning Ben Heneghan
    Trust you...I was awaiting that name from him.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Apparently Sunderland are interested in snapping him up on a pre-contract.

I wonder if we had the opportunity to sign him permanently in the summer. He was slow and unfit early last season but the fact is he's been a standout at both Dundee and Killie. He would be a great player for us at full fitness.
    He was a standout at Killie and Dundee because he was played in his correct position.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Trust you...I was awaiting that name from him.
    Its fine, I didn't fall into your transparent troll trap

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    He was a standout at Killie and Dundee because he was played in his correct position.
    Which is .....?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The Christie deal almost worked out.
    I read it was quite close to us getting him.
    If it was not for the summer transfer window and him turning round their cup tie against Hearts, he would likely have been a Don.

I could accept a loan deal again, but if we use Morgan as an example, there should at least be an option to buy on our part should we choose to do so.
    I read it somewhere as well. To be fair it was on here.

True or not, we didn't sign him and instead we gave valuable game time to a player who then scores against us in a final that we wouldn't have been able to use him in before.

Let's not do any deals with Celtic unless it's actually signing a player.

Loan deals from them take the piss right out of us. The way things could go as predicted by the budget bangers, we will be loaning Huns next as well.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 11-01-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Roscoe is getting an education at Alloa and a decent opportunity against generally better equipped teams. He may be a ready replacement for McKenna when Milne sells him to Celtic.
    Good non-committal answer about Roscoe.

And we'll see if your prediction about McKenna is right

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I thought he looked unfit for us as well but maybe Rico is right and he was just playing out of position. He's not looked the poster boy of men's health at Killie either. DM does expect his wide players to do a lot of defending as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Well done - you managed to type that response without mentioning Ben Heneghan
    haha I can't remember this Hen Beneghan guy from when he played up here, but I'm imagining him as a modern day Beckenbaur with all the mentions AFC1903 gives him.

We seem to have a few more options defensively now though with the likes of Reynolds, Devlin and Hobban returning, so I would prefer we brought in a left back, even if McKenna does leave in this window. I get the impression he won't leave until the summer anyway as it all seems very quiet on that front.
    Last edited by Don_Corleone; 11-01-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Roscoe is getting an education at Alloa and a decent opportunity against generally better equipped teams. He may be a ready replacement for McKenna when Milne sells him to Celtic.
    Weren't you talking pish about mixed reports about him? Contrary to what I've heard from those in the know and from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Which is .....?
    I reckon he would still get slated in here if played in a similar position.
    He's a bit of a luxury player in that he has great feet, finds great positions and comes alive when he gets the ball going forward.

There were many clips / highlights of Kilmarnock where he was still breathing out of his @rse nae moving much when they didn't have the ball.

I think his ideal role is in the hole, behind another striker

Page 85 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast