+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 113 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    My memory is hazy, but didn't Shaughnessy play right back for us a number of times? May be McInnes has it in mind to play him here. If so, is he an improvement on Logan. I would say so. Then if McKenna does leave we then have the option of having Shaughnessy possibly playing in the centre of defence.
    He isn’t going to be an improvement on Logan if he gets played at right back simply because he isn’t a right back.

With Considine likely to stay and likely to be played at left back we would be going back to the dark days of playing 4 centre backs across the back 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Which is a bloody shame because at one point he was arguably our best/most consistent player.

Fast, read it well, very hard to beat.
    Was a great performer, Shaughnessy was okay. Halkett the better immediate and long-term prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He isn’t going to be an improvement on Logan if he gets played at right back simply because he isn’t a right back.

With Considine likely to stay and likely to be played at left back we would be going back to the dark days of playing 4 centre backs across the back 4.
    Oh the excitement of potententially watching that

Ooooh i could crush a grape

Pretty sure the manager saw enough in the last four months to deter retreat into square pegs mode. Seemed intent upon bringing in a similar type to Lowe this window. Thankfully the wait for first pick has worked out. Any future for Considine is surely capped at defence cover now - perhaps more appealing to the player than a 2 year contract with Caley or County.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    My memory is hazy, but didn't Shaughnessy play right back for us a number of times? May be McInnes has it in mind to play him here. If so, is he an improvement on Logan. I would say so. Then if McKenna does leave we then have the option of having Shaughnessy possibly playing in the centre of defence.
    Pretty much played all his games for us at right back. Yes he's a bit quicker than Consi but they're both centre backs and really only should be played at full back in dire emergency.

That said it is time we got in a proper right back to challenge/poss replace Logan as first choice. His form has been ropey for the past 18 months with the exception of the last 8-10 weeks at the end of last season

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    I agree with you again Aldo. This is becoming too much of a habit.
    You'll feel better for it

Rumours flying around that Joe Shaughnessy is signing on a pre contract.

Aldo will be delighted if it’s true.
    It's time he started listening to me. We all know he posts on here.

Michael O'Halloran signs for St Johnstone.

Greg Stewart back in on loan until the end of the season.

Great news, having Stewart will certainly give us a lot more options upfront.

Page 113 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast