+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 112 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    Max Lowe returns on loan until the end of the season
    https://t.co/oQI0A4lDJc
    Good news. Thought he looked more than decent in his last few games. Seems to like it up here . I wouldn't be adverse to trying to get him permanently at the end of the season. Depends what sort of wage drop he was prepared to take I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

Devlin & Shaughnessy.... McLeish & Miller.
    Just the same.

I said it was beneficial, not essential.
    Just not a huge fan of Shaughnessy... quite weak physically IMO.
    It's difficult to tell if he has improved a lot when we don't see much of him. Is he any better than Reynolds ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    It's difficult to tell if he has improved a lot when we don't see much of him. Is he any better than Reynolds ?
    Ot will be interesting to see what this injury to Reynolds has done. He had already lost a bit of pace which was a huge asset for him. Will this deplete it even more

F@cking plastic pitches

Great news getting Lowe back. Made a big difference having someone with pace and ability at LB.

Not too sure about Shaughnessy - certainly a solid, consistent SPL player for a few seasons now, but I'm not convinced he's much better than what we've got (even once McKenna leaves). I don't imagine he'd be coming in to sit on the bench either.

It'll be interesting to see how Reynolds does when he gets back to fitness - I think he's handy as a back up, but doesn't have the physicality required to be a first pick as a CB in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Great news getting Lowe back. Made a big difference having someone with pace and ability at LB.

Not too sure about Shaughnessy - certainly a solid, consistent SPL player for a few seasons now, but I'm not convinced he's much better than what we've got (even once McKenna leaves). I don't imagine he'd be coming in to sit on the bench either.

It'll be interesting to see how Reynolds does when he gets back to fitness - I think he's handy as a back up, but doesn't have the physicality required to be a first pick as a CB in my opinion.
    Wikipedia if it's to be believed has Reynolds as taller and heavier than Shaughnessy. I always thought both were a bit lightweight for central defenders. Interest to see how they would get on playing beside Devlin who is a bit of a brute. It was interesting to hear from McKenna when he was interviewed alongside Devlin this season that he was happy for Devlin to be the first man challenging for the high ball through the middle. Just hope Devlin can get back fit and stay off the treatment table.

That's assuming McKenna will be away of course

Would have thought a pre-contract with Halkett a better option.

My memory is hazy, but didn't Shaughnessy play right back for us a number of times? May be McInnes has it in mind to play him here. If so, is he an improvement on Logan. I would say so. Then if McKenna does leave we then have the option of having Shaughnessy possibly playing in the centre of defence.

Which is a bloody shame because at one point he was arguably our best/most consistent player.

Fast, read it well, very hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Good news. Thought he looked more than decent in his last few games. Seems to like it up here . I wouldn't be adverse to trying to get him permanently at the end of the season. Depends what sort of wage drop he was prepared to take I suppose.
    Signed a long term deal before coming up in August but if Cashley and County go up, wouldn’t figure there’d be much of an opportunity there for Max. Would be an opportunity for them to cement feeder club relations and release him on a free/3 yr loan for 1st pick on our stars for the future/safe place to dispatch their own on season long loans. We could give them Forrester to seal the deal.

Page 112 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast