+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 201 of 209 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

The window was disappointing - Our current performance this season, barring 20 mins here and there, is no better than 3rd / 4th - If that's where some want to be, so be it.

Also, too many mixed messages - Suggesting / wanting 1 or 2 more in, to the budget being spent is confusing at best.

The 'Pig in a poke' approach towards DNA funding is by no means transparent and, at this rate, I wouldn't be too optimistic with regards to its longevity.

The lack of creativity on and off the pitch is identical.

Quote Originally Posted by EastAnglianRed View Post
    The window was disappointing - Our current performance this season, barring 20 mins here and there, is no better than 3rd / 4th - If that's where some want to be, so be it.

Also, too many mixed messages - Suggesting / wanting 1 or 2 more in, to the budget being spent is confusing at best.

The 'Pig in a poke' approach towards DNA funding is by no means transparent and, at this rate, I wouldn't be too optimistic with regards to its longevity.

The lack of creativity on and off the pitch is identical.
    I'm tempted to give this the a condescending two star review.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He said earlier he is driving to the game.
    I wonder if he will come by and pick me up. It would certainly make his road trip more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    McInnes is saying we spent all of our budget which doesn’t really make sense considering he was trying to get Morgan on loan.

Someone can/will correct me if I’m wrong here but since last summer the players brought in and let go are,

Forrester £200k,Ferguson £250k,Gleeson free,Cerny free,Ball loan,Hoban loan,Wilson loan,Lowe loan,Stewart loan.

Rooney £350k,Arnason free,Tansey free,Forrester free,Maynard free,O’Conner free,Rogers loan,Wright loan,Anderson loan,Reynolds loan.

Plus the £600k dna money,plus the £150k sell on fee for Stockley and I believe we got maybe £100k for Arnason playing at the World Cup.

So that’s about £450k spent on players and £1.2 million from players sold and fans money,unless of course the money has been blown on loan signings but then surely we have received money for the players we have out on loan.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...r-13941123.amp
    Good summary yet McInnes has stated budget is spent. Where?
    No money yet top directors' recompense has gone up 63%.

Quote Originally Posted by VictorMcDade View Post
    Good summary yet McInnes has stated budget is spent. Where?
    No money yet top directors' recompense has gone up 63%.
    The transfer loan fee for Wilson from Man Utd and the percentage of his wages we are paying must be worth every penny of his sub appearances.

Between me and you, I believe very little of the DNA cash has been spent properly. I heard a rumour Matt Allwright from Watchdog is taking up the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The transfer loan fee for Wilson from Man Utd and the percentage of his wages we are paying must be worth every penny of his sub appearances.

Between me and you, I believe very little of the DNA cash has been spent properly. I heard a rumour Matt Allwright from Watchdog is taking up the case.
    It amazes me that we've not given Wilson more game time, considering we're likely to be paying a lot of money for him (unless the loan deal is some kind of pay as you play scenario?) He has actually shown in glimpses that he could be a pretty phenomenal player - he's just lacking a bit of match sharpness and confidence. A run of games would surely have helped that. Instead we persevered with Cosgrove and May when neither of them could score to save themselves. Cosgrove came good in the end, but May doesn't look any more likely to score now than he did at the start of the season - I'd be playing Wilson alongside Cosgrove, rather than May.

Big mistake

May is our player and is clearly following instructions.
    He’s getting better all the time as well.

Wilson ‘s main problem is he thinks he’s better than us, he’s not ours, he never will be ours so keep him on the bench.

The fact that he’s facing the possibility of no contract at all might focus his mind on making a bit of an effort when he comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Big mistake

May is our player and is clearly following instructions.
    He’s getting better all the time as well.
    You think McInnes is sending him out telling him "Stevie, here's what I want you to do... run around like a headless chicken until I substitute you. Get some tackles in on their defenders and man mark their sitting midfielder. Oh and whatever you do, don't score a goal. In fact, don't take a shot. Actually, don't even get too close to their penalty box just incase you think about taking a shot."

Sure, he's instructing him to follow their sitting midfielder and put pressure on their defenders - that's all fair enough when we don't have the ball and he's doing a good job at that. But surely the whole point in a striker is to score goals. Andy Considine our terrible centre back / left back has probably scored more goals than him this season and last season. We'd be better playing him up front - he can do the defensive stuff May is doing and he can score goals.

Just checked...
    Considine
    2018/19 - PL 21 GOALS 3 ASSISTS 1
    2017/18 - PL 32 GOALS 4 ASSISTS 2

May
    2018/19 - PL 22 GOALS 2 ASSISTS 1
    2017/18 - PL 29 GOALS 5 ASSISTS 4
    Last edited by Don_Corleone; 04-02-2019 at 06:14 PM.

I'd like to see Wilson playing a bit more especially now we have Stewart back. I think between the 2 of them with GMS as well we could see some pretty neat football.

However, saying that, we did see some pretty neat football from the 3 of them on Saturday it just didn't end up with a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I'd like to see Wilson playing a bit more especially now we have Stewart back. I think between the 2 of them with GMS as well we could see some pretty neat football.

However, saying that, we did see some pretty neat football from the 3 of them on Saturday it just didn't end up with a goal.
    Agreed. We don't need a defensive forward - we need two players up top who can create chances and score goals.

Wilson, in his limited opportunities, has showed significantly more goal threat than May and scored more than May has in more games. I think Wilson with Stewart, GMS and McGinn behind him would do some damage.

Page 201 of 209 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast