+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfers

Which other club has a better success rate in the last 20 signings they have made?

I think you will find they are all very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    For a number of obvious reasons.
    Expectations for me on this subject is bordering on entitlement and I do not believe we are entitled to anything.
    success will only come with a lot of hard work and also a bit of luck.
    The weighting of budgets across the clubs only makes this a much tougher task.

Is it your expectations that we are entitled to be more successful?
    Alas, this is an example of the self-satisfaction laced with malaise that has set in at the club. You don't win anything by being in awe of success. A team of real challengers would have that swagger and belief that they should be winning trophies.

Do you not think there's enough hard work being done at the club? Is that why you think we're not successful?

Like I said, call me idealist but it certainly looks to me like Milne is reactive rather than proactive. Again, no one's talking about getting Abramovich type investment, just enough to increase the wage budget, which could then raise the ambition levels, which could then pique the interest of the paying public thus getting more through the gate, thus raising the club's profile, thus getting more investment and the cycle begins again. The whole fact that Milne's moaning about not getting enough fans through the door while implementing zero changes to entice people to come says it all for me. And I'm not talking about the stadium either, I'm talking about right now.

Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Motherwell all have better ratios than ours. Before you come back and say that most of the players they've signed wouldn't get in our team, that's fine, I know it's all relative. However, I believe our ratio should be higher and that's down to McInnes and his reliance on Russ Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Which other club has a better success rate in the last 20 signings they have made?

I think you will find they are all very similar.
    I know you love it when I say we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to hearts, etc

...we shouldn't be similar, we should be better.

Now is that entitlement or expectation?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I know you love it when I say we shouldn't be comparing ourselves to hearts, etc

...we shouldn't be similar, we should be better.

Now is that entitlement or expectation?
    Bingo.

I'm away for another 6 months or so so I'll leave this in your capable hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    But I did make a point and you've even went to the bother of replying to it

Although your reply is very confusing.
    Go look it up if it’s confusing

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I totally disagree surprisingly....some people at the club were just happy to be in the finals. Milne and McInnes being the obvious candidates.
    Can you qualify that belief?
    What has been said to intimate that Milne and McInnes were simply happy to be in the finals and did NOT want to win it?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Go look it up if it’s confusing
    Where do I look? Google translate?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    I haven't seen anyone suggesting we're entitled to win the league or anything else, but if you want to mention entitlement, I think as paying customers, we're entitled to see the club trying to move forwards instead of sitting on their hands watching the world go by. No one's demanding we win, we're demanding we show the impetus to try and win.
    Maybe you’ve been away a while, there’s plenty in here believe we should have won the league.
    A lot has been said about the league being weaker in the preceding years, therefore as the league getting harder each year, we have had success in merely maintaining 2nd and reaching more finals than others.
    Naturally I would have loved to have won another trophy, but it wasn’t to be and it’s not defeatist to realise the achievements made, despite not winning a trophy.

Page 69 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast