+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 150 of 209 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Stewart should (and is) getting a run behind Cosgrove.

May is underrated and deserves minutes at the moment in place of McGinn or GMS and can easily operate as a different option as a wide forward. I'd go with the same against Killie and use McGinn off the bench if it's a tight game.

McLennan also in the mix but maybe waits till the Stenny game for a start

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I doubt he nor the club would.
    You guys entertain linking these types of players and despicable figures with the club though
    It’s the other way about. For the most part, I was farting in the wind on here about the Goodwillie transfer. ‘Boys will be boys’ ‘he’s innocent until proven guilty’ & a host of other excuses. Bit hypocritical to change your stance on signing *** cases now & we know McInnes doesn’t give a f*ck
    Last edited by Mason89; 24-01-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    McInnes needs to forget about shoe horning BOTH Stewart & May in the first X1.
    When May plays it means Stewart will invariably spend most of the time wide right.
    That's a waste of time.

Play Stewart just off Cosgrove, in the middle of the pitch, in the "10" position
    Simple.

May brings very little to the team
    Work-rate only - and that should be a given.
    His finishing is dreadful and he doesn't look close to scoring.

We also need to get either Devlin or Hoban fit and alongside McKenna to give balance to the centre of defence.
    Disagree with you about May. Cosgrove has benefited hugely from playing with May .

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s the other way about. For the most part, I was farting in the wind on here about the Goodwillie transfer. ‘Boys will be boys’ ‘he’s innocent until proven guilty’ & a host of other excuses. Bit hypocritical to change your stance on signing *** cases now & we know McInnes doesn’t give a f*ck
    Please don't start this Goodwillie nonsense again. Ffs Adams took him to Plymouth after us and Adams is fecking Old Testament !!☺

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Stewart should (and is) getting a run behind Cosgrove.

May is underrated and deserves minutes at the moment in place of McGinn or GMS and can easily operate as a different option as a wide forward. I'd go with the same against Killie and use McGinn off the bench if it's a tight game.

McLennan also in the mix but maybe waits till the Stenny game for a start
    Stewart was more wide than through the middle last night, until May went off when he was then through the middle.
    Think McGinn might come in on Saturday, maybe for May - McInnes tends to play him in the tougher games.
    McGinn & GMS wide, with Stewart just off Cosgrove possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    McInnes needs to forget about shoe horning BOTH Stewart & May in the first X1.
    When May plays it means Stewart will invariably spend most of the time wide right.
    That's a waste of time.

Play Stewart just off Cosgrove, in the middle of the pitch, in the "10" position
    Simple.

May brings very little to the team
    Work-rate only - and that should be a given.
    His finishing is dreadful and he doesn't look close to scoring..
    It would be interesting to see how many of Cosgrove's goals have come from May's assists or runs that May has made taking defender out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    It would be interesting to see how many of Cosgrove's goals have come from May's assists or runs that May has made taking defender out of the way.
    I like Greg Stewart and think he will be good for us but in both the Stenhousemuir game and the Hamilton game, he had the chance to play Cosgrove in with just the keeper to beat.
    He could have had two more goals in the last two games

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I like Greg Stewart and think he will be good for us but in both the Stenhousemuir game and the Hamilton game, he had the chance to play Cosgrove in with just the keeper to beat.
    He could have had two more goals in the last two games
    I think it's McGinn that should be dropped. Stewart behind Cosgrove with May coming in from the left.

I'd go with the same front four against Killie with McGinn and McLennan as options off the bench.

However I think McInnes will swap May and McGinn

I would imagine May and McGinn will be rotated for the remainder of the season,Stewart and GMS will be first picks to try to convince them to stay which unfortunately means less game time for McLennan.

That’s why I’m not that bothered about GMS moving on,fair enough if he decides to stay but it will halt McLennans progress.

Page 150 of 209 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast